The Business of Forever Potions

Start from the beginning

"Is the park that big?" Maria asks.

"I'm surprised." Blaze says. "I feel like we've done so much already."

"This is the BEST PART." Aphmau promises. "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited---" Aaron moves behind her and hugs her, promptly shutting her up.

"You better save some of that excitement for me, okay?" Aaron laughs.

"EEEE!" Aphmau squeals.

Melissa makes little heart-eyes. "SO CUUUTE!" She sighs dreamily. Then she shakes it off. "Okay, then! Now that you're all here, I just wanted to make a quick announcement! We'll be leaving first thing in the morning! Those of you who brought your suitcases now are in luck, because you don't have much to worry about! For now, just make sure you have your ticket so when we board in the morning, the Captain can see them. Remember, you can't walk around, or go to any parks without a ticket."

"Oh, we know that, all right." Zane chuckles, elbowing me. "Isn't that right, Kawaii~Chan?"

"Mm-hmm!" Kawaii~Chan agrees happily. I smile, but guilt is gnawing at my stomach.

"All right then!" Melissa says. "I'll let you guys get packed up and ready for tomorrow! I gotta go let Dad know about the plans." She jumps over the couch and walks up to the deck where Mr. Lycan is doing whatever it is he does.

Once she's gone, Maria giggles. "This is so exciting!"
"Tell me about it." Blaze agrees. "Hey, we should do something super special tonight!"

"Like what?" I ask in a low voice. Yesterday, I would have been all over this. But now...

"I don't know." Blaze shrugs. "Like..."

"Go out to eat!" Maria suggests. "One big, giant dinner!"

"Yeah!" Blaze agrees. "That!"

"I am absolutely down for that!" Aaron says.

"Yeah!" Aph says happily. "Best way to say goodbye to this place!"
"I'm in!" Garroth yells.

"Me too!" Kawaii~Chan squeals.

I swallow my guilt for the moment. "Y-yeah. I'm down."

Kawaii~Chan pokes Zane who's snoring softly. He jolts awake. "Y-yeah, yeah that!" he yells.

"Can we pick the place?" Blaze asks. "I know this place that I really wanna try!"
"Oh, you mean---" Maria says excitedly.

"YEP!" Blaze says.

"Go for it." Aaron tells them.

"Awesome." Blaze says. "Let me call them and see if we can get in. Just meet us out by the docks later. I'll let you guys know a time."

"Deal." Aaron says.

"Let's go!" Maria says, pushing Blaze off the couch. They both leave as Zane falls asleep. Again.

Aaron and Aphmau move to leave, and in a lightning-strike moment, I decide I have to tell him and I bolt to my feet. "Aaron! I n-need to talk to you---I, um---"

"Violet?" Aphmau asks, looking at me with concern. "Are you okay? You're white as a sheet!"

And just like that, my confidence to tell Aaron is gone. I can't tell him. I drop my head. "Oh. Yeah. I... I may go back to bed. I'm n-not feeling all that well."

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Aaron asks. I notice Garroth and Kawaii~Chan helping Zane out of the room, him snoring loudly.

"I---um----n-nothing." I say, and bolt from the room before I burst into tears.

_______________________________________

"Violet, get up, we're going to be late!"

I snap awake and look at my door, hearing Garroth banging on it. Memories flood back in, along with the crash of my guilt. But I get up and open my door, following Garroth, Kawaii~Chan, and a half-asleep Zane down to the docks, where Aphmau, Aaron, Blaze, and Maria are already waiting.

"Sorry we're late!" Garroth says.

"Not late, bro!" Blaze assures him. "We're just gettin' together!"

Aphmau walks over to Zane. "Is he still half-asleep?" She asks.

"Yeah." Kawaii~Chan says. "He tried to take a nap, but he wasn't able to." She turns to Zane and pokes him again. He starts.

"I'M AWAKE!" He yells.

"You know, I bought you ear plugs." Garroth says, annoyed.

"I forgot where I put them." Zane complains. "They weren't where I normally keep them."

"Uhhhh..." Kawaii~Chan says. "No idea where they went!" She laughs nervously.

Melissa, Mr. Lycan, and Mrs. Lycan walk up. "We're here!" Mr. Lycan announces loud as he can as they join us.

"Awesome!" Blaze says. "I think we're gonna wait a bit before we head out. Give a few peeps some time to show up. But not too long." He assures us.

"Yeah!" Maria says. "Dinner awaits!"

"Aphmau!" Mrs. Lycan calls. "I must say, your outfit is adorable!"

"Thanks!" Aphmau laughs. "Aaron helped me pick it out."

"Let me see." Mrs. Lycan feels the fabric. "Ooooh, the fabric is on point, too!" She says, admiring the purple outfit.

"I-is it?" Aphmau asks, embarrassed.

"Ooooh, is it snuggly?" Garroth asks.

"If only I had sleep that was snuggly." Zane mourns.

"Awww, do you need my help to sleep tonight?" Kawaii~Chan asks.

"N-no!" Zane yells, sounding very much like he wants to accept.

"Awwww, that sounds romantic!" Garroth coos.

"SHUT UP!" Zane orders. "UUUGH!"

"Are you two dating?" Mrs. Lycan asks with interest.

Kawaii~Chan giggles. "Yes, but slowly!"

Zane laughs nervously. "I thought everybody knew this by now..."

I find myself wanting to smile. But then I turn and see Aaron staring at something across the dock. His fists are clenched, his whole body tense, anger almost radiating off of him.

"Aaron? Are you okay?" I ask. At the sound of his name, his eyes flick toward me for just a second.

But that's all it takes.

I just barely catch sight of the flash of red that has haunted my dreams for a year.

And then a blinding pain more terrible than I've ever felt rips through my body, and I feel myself collapse to the ground.

________________________________

Kudos to everyone who was wanting this to happen! You have no idea how much I wanted to PM you and tell you it was coming, but I made it! Phew!

Hope you enjoyed!  :)