Here In My Arms

As we're walking back to the house, (Aaron can bring Aph back, so we don't need to worry about her getting lost) I notice Zane walking really slow.

I move back with him. "You okay, big brother?"

Zane looks up. "I wonder if they're okay."

Lucinda and Kim come back. "I'm sure they're fine. They've been through a lot, but this is just a bump in the road for them."

"I agree with Lucinda!" Kim says, all happy. "But, you have to admit, it might be a little awkward for both of them."

"Especially Aphmau." I agree.

"Exactly." Zane says, coming forward. "She's carrying a lot of guilt with her. I'm just... hoping she's all right."

"Hey, Zane..." Lucinda puts her hand on his shoulder, surprising us all. "I understand you're worried about Aphmau. But what she did wasn't her fault. And it's going to take a while for her to accept that. But... it's something she has to work through with Aaron."

"Yeah..." Zane admits.
"Lucinder is right." Garroth says. "Besides, giving them time is all we can do for now. Watch, I bet when they get back they'll be all lovey-dovey and stuff." he says, getting a bit giggly.

Zane backs away from Lucinda. "Yeah. You guys are right."

"Beesiiiides." I sing. "This is STARLIGHT! Let's keep those bad vibes in the past, shall we?"

"We'll work through everything together." Lucinda agrees. "Now, let's go to the pool and enjoy ourselves!"

"I'm ALL about that!" Ghost says. "As long as Zane's there..."

"Euhh..." Zane gives a shudder and I glare at Ghost, once again in protect-my-brother mode. Garroth's stomach growls.

"Uhhh... I knew I shouldn't have eaten those oysters." Garroth whines.

"You okay, Garroth?" Kim asks.

"I really have to go to the bathroom..." Garroth mumbles.

"I mean, you don't have to announce it..." Lucinda says. "But you can just run ahead of us."

"Yeah. I'm gonna do that." Garroth's stomach growls in agreement. "Be right back, guys."

"JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR BATHROOM!" I holler after him.

"Greeeeaaaat." Zane says sarcastically. "Now I get to deal with that in our ro---" he stops dead. "Wait. He's going to---oh, no! Uhhh---I gotta go to the bathroom, too!" he yells, then runs after Garroth at top speed.

Kim, Lucinda and I exchanged glances. "Jeez, was something in the food?" Lucinda wonders.

"Mmm." Kim and I respond. (read like I dunno with a mmm)

"HEADS UP!" We hear. We all look around in confusion.

"Watch out!" Lucinda cries as we all catch sight of a frisbee soaring towards us. Someone jumps out of nowhere and knocks us aside, grabbing the frisbee and sending us tumbling to the ground.

"Ow..." I complain.

"Woah!" The guy says. "Are you ladies okay?"

Ghost fumes. "What is your problem, you---"

"KIM!" I cry.

"Shut up, Ghost!" Kim scolds.

The guy comes closer. It's a werewolf boy with flaming red hair. "So sorry about that!" He starts chuckling. "I didn't mean to throw that at three beautiful beach babes." He turns behind himself. "HEY GUYS, CHILL ON THROWING THE FRISBEE AT PEOPLE, HUH?"

"It's okay, just watch where you're going next time." Lucinda says.

"Will do!" the guy says. "See you babes around!" He turns and runs off.

"Call me 'babe' one more time and I'll---" I mutter, but Lucinda elbows me.

"What a jerk!" Ghost says.

"I'm sure it was an accident." Kim says politely.

"Seems like it." Lucinda agrees.

"He kinda looked familiar, though..." I say. "Oh, well. C'mon, let's go back to our room!"

"All right!" Kim says happily, following Lucinda and I back to the house. I hold open the door for Lucy and Kim to go inside, then follow them in. Lucinda goes to our bathroom, probably to get her makeup off, and screams when she opens the door. I hear Garroth's scream join hers and slap my hand over my face.

My boob-brained brother will never learn.

_____________________________

"Zaaaaaane!" I call, waving the frosted treats around. "Look what they haaaaaave."

Zane turns to me and his eyes light up. "CUPCAKES!" he rushes over and snatches it from me as I crack up laughing. I notice Garroth chomping on sweets as well, and Kim dancing next to Lucinda, who is crouching behind her table, glaring at Garroth. I go over and join Melissa and Mrs. Lycan, who are wondering where Aaron and Aphmau could possibly be.

Mrs. Lycan notices Erik trying to toast his strawberry puffs in the fire, and excuses herself. Mr. Lycan joins us. "Hello, Violet. Princess, where's your brother?" He asks Melissa.

"Probably off with Aphmau somewhere." Melissa says slyly, giggling.

"Did you send her off to find him---alone?" Mr. Lycan challenges.

"Relax, dad, I'm sure if she got lost that she would've called me on her cell phone." Melissa assures him.

"You mean this phone?" Mr. Lycan asks, holding up Aph's phone.

"Did... she leave it here?" Melissa asks nervously.

"Probably on accident, but she did." Mr. Lycan sighs.

"Maybe she's making out with Aaron or something?" Melissa tries.

I laugh. "She might be! But, don't worry, they found each other. We made sure of that."

Mr. Lycan gives me a strange look. "Starlight is huge. If she's lost, and they don't meet, I'll---"

"Aphmau!" Sylvanna exclaims with delight. We all turn to see Aaron and Aphmau holding hands on the dock, each looking happier than I've ever seen them, with glow-y smiles and bright eyes.

"SEE??" Melissa yells, turning on her father. "Told you they found each other! They were probably making out and---"

"MELISSA!" Aaron and Aphmau complain.

"Did I say that too loud?" She asks, grinning. "Oh, hahaha! I'll just----jump in the water now!" She turns and dives in the ocean headfirst.

I crack up as Mrs. Lycan joins us. "Aaron! Aphmau! I'm so happy to see you two have found each other! How are you---"

"We're fine, mom." Aaron assures her. "We just wanted some alone time."

Melissa's head creeps up from the water. "HA! TOLD YA!"

Mr. Lycan groans.

"Why don't you two come and sit by the fire?" Lucinda suggests. "We can all just sit down and talk."

Aaron and Aphmau look at each other. "Well?" Aph whispers.

"I'm all for it. As long as I'm here with you." Aaron's voice quivers, but not with fear. Aph giggles and they walk over by Lucinda and Kim, sitting down and laughing as we talk for hours into the night. Melissa does get out of the water and worms her way into the conversation, mostly to ship Aarmau, which I wholeheartedly side with her on.

And as the sun finally sets, everybody has never looked more at peace.