Aphmau's Ex-Crush/Wedding Bells

"So let's run through this again," Lucinda says tiredly. All three of us---her me and Kim---are holed up in my room, as it's at the end of the hall and least likely to be disturbed. "Travis has the book, knows how to read it, has a very dangerous father who almost caught me, and we have no idea what to do."

"Bout sums it up." I admit.

Kim groans. "We have to get that book back!"

"He's already read it!" I say. "There's not much that getting it back would do!"

"Who's to say he's read the whole thing?" Lucinda asks.

"Where was the part that talked about turning souls into stones?" I ask. "M-maybe he's gotten to that part already?"

Kim shudders and hugs herself. "Can souls actually be turned into something?"

"Yes, they can." Lucinda says sadly. "And that section was near the middle. Why?"

"Because the red book mark was there." I say.

Lucinda gasps. "Oh, no! I marked that page so I could spell it away! I tried to rip it out, but it had a sticking spell on it, so I bookmarked it so I could perform the counter-charm on it!"

Dread seeps through my veins. "So... he's definitely read it."

"Yes." Lucinda says. "But it's complicated. You need a very specific machine, something called a Celestial Cannon, and that, as far as we know, doesn't exist any more."

"So, as long as we keep a close eye on him, he can't actually perform any of these." I reason.

"Yes."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Good. Then we're safe here for the time being."

"As safe as we can be." Lucinda agrees. 

-------------------------------------

The next morning, I yawn loudly, pulling my covers off and making sure I'm definitely not wearing that horrid bikini and smile when I know I'm not. I smooth my purple skirt and comb my hair, pulling my headband on and opening my door to walk out.

And instantly identify Kim and Lucinda behind a window, Kawaii~Chan crouched behind a wooden pillar, and Sylvanna behind a couch. And all of them are watching Aphmau.

Curiously, I make my way downstairs and hover there, watching Aphmau intently, trying to figure out why they're all so intent on watching her.

And then I see it.

A wedding dress magazine.

"Ohhhhh, she's looking at wedding stuff!" I coo, crouching lower and watching Aphmau rifle through magazines and articles, and also moving from tab to tab on her computer.

"Ohhhh... I want to go over there... but I can't seem crazy." I mutter. Normally, I hate anything pretty-girly-shoppy, but it's Aphmau's. WEDDING.

"Ohh, screw this! I really want to help! But I can't let her think I'm desperate." I creep forward slowly, watching Lucinda, Kim, Kawaii~Chan and Sylvanna do the same, meeting them all in the center of the room and watching Aphmau until she looks up.

I grin.

She gives me a look that clearly says she thinks we're about to devour her soul.

"Hey, what are you vultures doing here?" Sylvanna demands. "Are you secretly trying to stick your nose into my daughter's wedding plans??"

"Sounds like someone has an agenda of their own!" I say crossly.