Hiding Aphmau

I back up slowly, trying not to step on any planks of wood with Melissa. "You better not get us caught, Violet!" She warns, grinning giddily.

"I won't!" I whisper back just as brightly. "I want to see Aphmau and Aaron!"

Melissa giggles and we both start towards Aaron's door again, making sure to face the other way so we can make it look like we're coming away from their door. And then we suddenly bump into someone.

We both cry out and jump away, turning around to see a very shaken Kawaii~Chan staring back at us. "SSHHH!" We all say. "Huh?" we all say again.

"Wh---what are you doing here?" Melissa demands.

"Ummm---nothing!" Kawaii~Chan says.

"You're definitely doing something here!" Melissa says accusingly. "What are you doing near Aphmau and Aaron's room huuuuuuh? Trying to listen to them making out or something! That sounds like something only a weirdo would do!"

"Noo!" Kawaii~Chan says. "What are you doing here?"

"Trying to listen to them make out." Melissa says sheepishly, looking red. Kawaii~Chan flushes instantly.

"What??" Kawaii~Chan sputters. "Why would you admit that?"

"BECAUSE WE HAVE NO SHAME!" Melissa says loudly.

I elbow her. "Uhh, she means... "

"I have some shame, when it comes to other people." Melissa says helpfully. "But Aaron is family! My brother! AND I AM A SUPPORTIVE SISTER!"

I cough.

"WITH A SUPPORTIVE SIDEKICK!"

"Wait! You're his... sister?" Kawaii~Chan asks, sounding surprised.

"You didn't know?" I ask. "I swore I told you before..."

"Soooo, would you say you... ship. Them?" Kawaii~Chan asks Melissa hopefully.

"Ex-cuuuuse me?" Melissa says. "I am a grown woman! I have important business meetings, drink red wine, and watch Game of Thrones!"

"Ooooh!" Kawaii~Chan says.

"But..." Melissa glances around. "YES I DO SHIP THEM!"

Kawaii~Chan squeals. "I do too! I'm here to check to see how they're doing!!"

"Us too!" I say. "Wanna check on them with us?"

"YES!" Kawaii~Chan follows us to Aaron and Aphmau's door. Melissa jiggles the doorknob for a second, then stops sadly.

"Shoot. They have it locked!" She tells me.

"They've had it locked since we've gotten back." Kawaii~Chan says.

"NOT ON MY WATCH!" Melissa says.

"Huh?" KC and I say. "Wait, Melissa, problems with a door! I can help!" I say eagerly.

"NUH-UH! I'M HIS SISTER! STAND BACK, CUTIES!"

"What are you gonna do?" Kawaii~Chan asks, but I'm already pulling her back. Melissa disintegrates the door and rushes into the room.

"READY OR NOT, HERE WE COME!" Then she stops. "They're not here..." She looks around. "Sheesh, is Aaron shedding or something? There's twice as much fur around!"

I giggle. "Kinda like how Aphmau used to shed when Kawaii~Chan accidentally turned her into a werewolf in High School."

"Aaah, did you have to bring that up?" Kawaii~Chan wails. She looks around and brightens. "THIS WAY!" she runs for the balcony, where we can see Aphmau and Aaron running for their lives down the house's drive.