Choose.../Aphmau's Family Secret

We creep along after Zane and Kawaii~Chan for a long time, waiting for Ghost to show up. And the date is... kind of awkward. Zane goes to the bathroom first. And then comes back looking happier but still flushing under Kawaii~Chan's gaze.

"They are so cuuuute!" Garroth coos under his breath from our spot in the bushes.

"Garroth, shush!" I command, smacking him. "We need to stay quiet, so they don't---"

"IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU GOTTA PUT A RING ON IT, IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU GOTTA PUT A RING ON IT---"

"Oh, crud muffins!" I hiss, pulling my phone out. Lucinda and Garroth give me weird looks. "What? I let Mummy pick her own ringtone!" I press "accept" and put it next to my ear. "Mummy, why are you calling me?"

"Zuzu just called me!" She says cheerfully. "And you and Gargar haven't called me in ages!"

"Mummy, I really can't talk right now." I tell her. "It's important!"

"Yes, I know, you're on a date!"

I nearly drop my phone. "Excuse me, what?"

"Zuzu was calling me asking for dating advice, and he said he was asking for you and Gargar! Which one of you is on a date? You! You must be, because you sounded so hurried to hang up on your DEAR, SWEET MOTHER THAT YOU HAVE NOT CALLED FOR AGES AND AGES---"

"Oh, for the love of Irene," My dad's voice joins in. "Violet, hang up now!"

"Don't you dare, Vivi!" Mummy says angrily.

"Sorry, Mummy!" I say. Then I almost press "hang up" but hesitate. "Mummy, I'm not on a date. Neither is Garroth."

"What? Then why---"

"Bye, Mummy!" I hang up. Lucinda and Garroth continue to stare at me. "Oh, shut up." I mutter.

Lucinda shakes her head. "We will talk about that later. For now..." She looks around. "Does anyone see Ghost?"

"There she is!" I hiss, pointing at the Bumpi ride, where a familiar green-swimsuited someone in a Starry costume is purposely bumping Kawaii~Chan around the ride. Kawaii~Chan yelps a few times and Zane drives over, grabbing her hand and pulling her off of the ride and out into the pathways.

"What's going on, what happened?" Kawaii~Chan yells as they run.

"I DON'T KNOW, BUT STARRY DOESN'T LIKE YOU!" Zane yells back.

"Oh no, why? Starry is my favorite mascot!!" Kawaii~Chan says.

"JUST RUN!" Zane yells, pulling her along.

Starry (Ghost) can be seen running after them like a mad starfish. "I'm going to get you, you---" She promises, but Garroth leaps out of the bushes and tackles her to the ground. Kim slips from the Starry costume, dizzy and knocked out.

Lucinda and I look at each other and follow him quickly. "Nice tackle, Garroth!" Lucinda cheers.

"And such form!" I say, patting his back. Lucinda kneels to examine Kim.

"Ahh, poor Kim!" Lucinda says sadly.

"Ohh, Kim! Ohhh, are you all right?" Garroth pleads, kneeling down. I'm almost afraid he'll start poking her like he did at the lodge.

She moans in response. "T-thank you...Garroth..."

"This isn't good at all." Lucinda says. "Ghost is beginning to manifest powers that Kim can't control."

"Uhh--uhd, dummm, who's in the what now?" Garroth asks stupidly. I roll my eyes.

"It means that Ghost has the potential to take over Kim's body." I explain slowly and clearly.