An Ultima's Bite/My Real Name

"Hey Kawaii~Chan?" I ask, walking into Zane and Garroth's room after making sure Kawaii~Chan was alone.

"Hm?" She looks up from the floor, playing with some ball.

"What did you and Zane talk about yesterday?"

She flinches and drops her ball, her golden-orange eyes going wide. "Ummmm... Kawaii~Chan doesn't know what Violet~Sama is talking about..." She mutters.

I raise my eyebrow. "Uh-huh. KC, come on. My brother isn't paying attention to anything I say today! What gives?"

"Kawaii~Chan was just talking about her family..." Kawaii~Chan says softly. "To try and get Zane's mind off of his burns."

"Zane? Not Zane~Kuhn?" I note. She flushes pink.

"Ohhhhh... Violet~Sama, Kawaii~Chan has to go to the bathroom! Bye!" She makes a mad dash for the bathroom and I don't stop her, feeling more confused than ever. What can Kawaii~Chan tell my grumpy, sullen brother that she can't tell me?

Something is going on, and it's about Kawaii~Chan and Zane. I mean, I'd noticed they'd been nicer to each other lately, but...

A slow grin crosses my face. No way. NO way.

What if Zane... Likes Kawaii~Chan?

_____________________________

I'm sitting on the couch, reading my usual novel, Kawaii~Chan on the floor doing whatever it is she's doing, and Garroth playing on his phone, when Garroth suddenly looks up.

"Huh?"

"Hm?" Kawaii~Chan asks.

"Garroth? You good?" I check.

"Somewhere..." He says, almost mystically. "A door needs to be broken down." He gets up and runs.

"Garroth!" I yelp, jumping off the couch. "You can't just---aaagh. Garroth, where are you going?" I demand, chasing after him. Kawaii~Chan jumps up, too and follows me out of the room. For some reason, Garroth goes upstairs to Aphmau and Aaron's room, where Garroth is preparing himself.

"GARROTH, NO---" I start, but he's already dissentigrated it.

"TAKE THAT, DOOR!" Garroth yells triumphantly.

"Garroth, you're interrupting Aphmau and Aar---" Kawaii~Chan whispers, but Aaron says in surprise,

"OUR DOOR!"

"Whoops..." Garroth says sheepishly.

"If you're gonna break anything, break a window!" Aaron says. I almost laugh, thinking back to high school and how werewolves loved breaking windows.

"Wait---you break windows?" Aphmau asks, looking at Aaron. From my viewpoint behind the potted plant with Kawaii~Chan, I can only see her and Aaron and someone's blue dress' edge.

"I MEAN, SOMETIMES, YEAH...." Aaron says, his eyes wide and embarrassed.

"Oh!" Garroth says happily. "Hey Aphmau! Aaron! Uhhh...Travis. Katelyn?"

"TRAVIS AND KATELYN?" I whisper to Kawaii~Chan, running into the room behind Garroth. "Guys?" I ask. "What are you doing here?"

"YOU'RE here too?" Katelyn demands. She and Travis, sure enough, are standing there gaping at us in surprise. "I thought you said you were going on a camping trip for the summer!"

"Uhhhhhhh...ummmmm..." I sputter, feeling a bead of sweat go down my neck.

"I....can explain." Garroth says nervously. Then he turns on heel and sprints from the room.