elementria part ??

What happens next, will they go to war or not… (I’m not saying). Sorry I haven’t posted anything in a while… I’m a procrastinator at heart… On with the story.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

As the army was about to reach the border-between-realms, a man covered in scrapes and gouges and limping came through the border.

“Dundas, what happened?!” exclaimed Julian, “where is the rest of the scouting party”

“all… dead..” gasped out Dundas, “we’ll… never… beat…”

He slumped to the ground, joining his comrades in death.

“Well,” said Joey, “What do we do now?”

***

The leaders of the human nations and the original five were convening in the fortress near the border, which is where the army retreated to after the scout came back.

“There is a legend,” the mage king paused and continued “that we are not the only races, and that this is not the first time this has happened, throughout the ages, heroes have risen and overthrown and overthrown villains, maybe this is time for a new hero to rise up. Who among us will rise to the challenge?”

After a long pause, Joey raised his hand “I will go”

Then the rest of the original five put up their hands and volunteered.

After weeks of packing, they were ready to go and visit the other realms.

***Realm of the Elves***

After weeks of trudging through the dense forest, they’d had just about enough.

“That’s it,” muttered Joey “COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELVES ELVES, WE WON’T LOOK FOREVER!”

“We thought you’d never ask,” a soft, singing voice rang through the trees; as a tall, slender woman with pointed ears walked out into the clearing.

“Elf,” whispered Jill

“Please, if you will, take us to your king, we have pressing matters to discuss.”

“Queen, we are matriarchal, not patriarchal. She is right here.”

Joey stepped forward, “would you please take us to her”

The elf laughed, a melodious tinkling laugh which made her sound like a little girl for a moment, before she spread her arms and said

“Why, I am she,” as a dozen elfish archers appeared from the trees, bows notched and aimed at the party of five.

Raising his arms, hands open, Joey said “we mean you no harm, we are here to unite the realms against the creatures of chaos, and we request your help.”

“Well, that is a matter for the council to discuss, I am headed for a meeting there, would you care to join me?”

***

After a few days of travelling with the elves; Josh, Julian, Jill and Jacob soon learnt how to behave amongst the elves. Joey, however, growing up as a scholar, already knew of their customs. On the eve of their sixth day of travelling, they reached a city that appeared to have been carved out of a solid piece of rock, with no blemishes on the rock at all.

“Wow,” said Joey, “that must have taken centuries”

“No, it didn’t,” Máriane said, “all of our cities are like that, hewn from a single rock, our spell casters literally sing the rock into the shape of the city, then the city is coloured in accordance to its queen. Now be silent while we enter the city, elves do not take kindly to strangers, and if it were anyone else you would be dead by now.”

After a short, silent walk they approached a building much grander than any human building, and they were greeted by a tall, muscled elf, who appeared to have been glaring when the wind changed direction.

“My queen,” he said, “the meeting has not started yet, you are early.”

“That is good, we can wait,” Márianne said.

They headed up to the meeting chamber, where 10 queens were seated, leaving two seats empty.

“Ah, Márianne, you made it,” said the queen seated at the head of the table, “and what are those” she said with disdain.

“We are the five heroes of mankind and if you keep talking like that I’ll–“Josh was cut off as Joey made a quick spell.

“I am sorry for his behaviour, your majesty,” Joey said, “please forgive him; it has been a while since he was last with royalty.”

The queen inclined her head, acknowledging Joey “It has been a while since we have seen one of your kind here, and that was to stop chaos from spreading.”

“Ah, I guess you are the high queen.” said Joey, “that changes things, because, you see, we, uh… need the same thing, chaos is spreading throughout the realms and it will not stop at the human realm, it will spread, and order will be overthrown.”

The last elf walked in, and for all appearances he was just like the other elves, but the way he walked and the swagger to his steps suggested otherwise. “I hope” he began, in a guttural voice, “that you are not thinking of going against chaos, because my army will thwart you.”

“Wait,” said Josh, “YOU are an agent of chaos!”

“Me and my army,” said the elf, “we will join the demons and elementals and takeover the realms.”

“We can’t let you do that,” said Joey and the high queen, who clicked her fingers and called in threescore shadow assassins.

“This isn’t the last of chaos, do you hear me!” shouted the elf as his last breath left his body.

“So… about that alliance,” Joey started

“Consider it done said the high queen,” and as she stood, the rest of the council departed and Joey and his friends left.

“If it is no trouble to you, I would like to join you,” Márianne asked Joey.

“Of course you can,” said Joey, “we could use any help we can get.”

“Of course, I need to bring my army”

“It’s no problem, we need every hand we can get in order to persuade our prospective new allies, The Dragons.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

So… getting to the good bit, I needed to include the other realms and races (refer to A Guide to the Land of Elementria) so I thought, maybe alliances. Sorry for the wait, I forgot about this entirely.

comment

vote

give me ideas

QOD: What should happen next

winners of QOD get a mention in the next chapter.