Deciphering Sam Chp 4

I walked into my room, almost robotically. I got my suitcase under my bed, and walked out. Sister Mary, Sister Alice, and Sister Ann were already waiting for me. The Newtons looked slightly uncomfortable, yeah how would you feel if you adopted someone close to your age? I said my goodbyes, and thanked them again for the necklace.

"Alright,"I said, turning to the Newtons. "I'm ready."

Mr. Newton cleared his throat, "alright, let's uh...go then." We walked out and a driver was waiting by the trunk. He put my luggage away, and then proceeded into opening the door. We slid in, and he closed the door. Dammit, why must I live with rich people? I just got out of the Andersons earlier today, I wonder how long family number eight will last.

"How long have you two been married?"I asked, surprising the both of them.

"We've been married for three years, after college. That makes us twenty-five."

"Okay."I said,and we lasped into silence. "Will, I still be attending my current high school?"

"Umm,"said Mrs. Newton, thinking about it. I guess that thought never occured, did it? "What's your high school again, Sam?"

"South high."I said.

"South high, south high," Mrs. Newton raked her brain to see if I would attend still. "Ah! Yes, you will still be attending, my best friend lives right behind me, but in a completely different neighborhood. She has a son about your age."

"Name?"I asked, "Last name?"

"Oh...Erikson!"she smiled. What...? Oh HELL no, am I going to be his neighbor! No way in hell, or on Earth! "Wait...no, she's married, so her name now is Thomas. I'm sorry, I forgot. She just got married two years ago. But has an adopted son. I forgot his name, but he is very nce, I met him a while back." Okay, whew. That would have been a disaster!"Hmm, we should see them! Alright, Paul will bring your bag up to your pre-made room, the maids will unpack it all, oh and feel free to order whatever you like." Damn, the way she said it, it seems as though we'd be living in a hotel for crying out loud. Mr. Newton stayed quiet the whole car ride. "Paul, just drop us off at the Thomas's house, then you can go back to ours."

"As you wish, Stephanie." 

"And what may your name be?"I asked, looking straight a head, never meeting anyone's eyes. 

"Oh, my full name is-"

"I'm sorry, Stephanie, I was talking to your husband. Since Paul has already mentioned your name, it would be unlikely that I would misunderstand. Now, Mr. Newton. What is your name?" I asked again. You want to live in a richy rich house, then you got yourself a formal girl alright. Mr. Newton cleared his throat and replied. 

"Seth,"

"Steph, and Seth, how nice."I said, no emotion really in my voice.

"Umm....thank you?"said Mr. Newton unsure if it was a compliment or not.

"You are both welcome. One thing you two must know about it the fact that I do not like using contractions when speaking. It may slip out once in awhile, other than that, you will not find me speaking so. That is all." I can tell Stephanie was the rich girl, and Seth was the average Joe. Seth is not used to this type of stuff yet, they still are newly weds, still in the zone when trying to make sense of things. It has been three years for them, but they still have issues. I guess Stephanie doesn't want to get pregnant. Guess this princess doesn't want to ruin her 'figure'. Stupid rich people.  Finally we stopped at this medium sized house, that was white and regal. Paul got out, opened the door and I got out first. I walked ahead, and stopped. Waiting for the Newtons.