Me?

Merlin sat on a grassy hill with a sword in his hands. The midday summer sun beamed down on him, calming him. The rays illuminated the multiple flowers which surrounded him.

The hill overlooked the training fields and he could hear the clinks and scrapes of the metal clashing against eachother. It was a sound that made most people shudder but to him it sounded like home; especially when he were to hear the Drunk's laugh or Druid's telepathic commentary.

He looked up from his task (excessively sharpening and polishing a collection of swords), eyes hovering over the King.
A small smile laced his lips as he watched on with pride, the man had improved massively within the years. Merlin had thought he was great before but now? Now he was majestic.

The King looked over briefly, a huge grin on his face, he waved enthusiastically at his manservant; who returned the gesture shyly. Merlin could see that Arthur's face was flushed and sweaty, he admired the way his hair flowed gold under the light.

Merlin jumped in the air, breath getting momentarily stolen, as a sudden figure plonked down next to him. Once he regained himself, he turned to the visitor, a scowl on his face.

Merlin's expression instantly soften, morphing into a tender smile. He lowered the sword onto his lap, angling his body so he could face the friend.

"Merlin."
The Knight spoke with a slight nod of a head.
"Leon."
Merlin returned the gesture.

Merlin heard a sudden 'manly' squeal on the grounds and snapped his head around to look at the source. He chuckled lightly when he was met with Arthur chasing Lancelot around with the Excalibur. He got lost in his thoughts as he stared.

"You're good for him."
Sir Leon said in a matter of a factly tone. Merlin met his eyes, cocking his head in confusion.

"Arthur. You are good for him."
Leon repeated, his eyes trailing over to the King before retiring back to Merlin. The warlock was blushing ever so slightly, a light pink dusting his ivory cheeks. He ducked his head slightly, a curl falling down onto his face.

"You think?"
He questioned in a small voice. Leon frowned at this, he had thought it was rather obvious and didn't appreciate that the manservant thought so little of himself.

"Yes."
He nodded curtly, hand now no longer resting on the hilt of his sword but on his lap. Leon gestured to the water skin beside Merlin and smiled thankfully when took a gulp, feeling dehydrated after everything.

"He was a prat when i first met him."
Merlin stated.
Leon frantically nodded his head in agreement.
"You're telling me? Before you came along he was insufferable. I know he's the King and i shouldn't speak badly of him but oh did i want to slap him into next week."

Leon mimed back handing, gritting his teeth as he did. Merlin knew he was getting annoyed at memories and couldn't help but find the situation humorous.

"That bad?"
He giggled out. Leon was not one to show anything but absolute loyalty to Arthur, Merlin knowing that he could really get to know Leon like this made him feel impossibly proud.

Leon sighed, running a hand through his hair.
"I don't think anyone could've lasted this long if you hadn't come along. He cares now, he loves now, he believes in equality, he's okay with magic, nothing is more important than his friends and kingdom. None of that would've happened if it wasn't for you."

Merlin raised an eyebrow.
"I did all of that?"
Leon only nodded in response.
They both turned to trainings fields and watched the remaining knights continue to train. Five minutes or so passed before Merlin turned back to Leon, breath hitched in his throat, anxiety flooding his veins.

"I love him."
Merlin said definitively, his voice harmonised with a sad song- Leon could practically see the rain in the boys head.

He put a gloved hand on Merlin's shoulder, making him face him properly.
"He loves you too."
Merlin shook his head, tears threatening to fall.
"You're just saying that."
His voice breaks multiple times and it comes out as a mere whisper but Sir Leon still hears him.

"Merlin he gets you flowers, gives you his clothes, shares his food with you, lets you stay in his room at night, ruffles your hair, constantly compliments you, he aggressively flirts with you and he constantly fucks you with his eyes. Anyone can back me up on this, Gaius included. He loves you Merlin, you just have to let him."

Leon's voice started off loud and harsh but slowly declined into soft and understanding. Merlin didn't think he deserved such a feeling, but everyone knows that he deserved the world.

Merlin's head fell into his hands fall into his head and he groans.
"Oh i am an idiot."
Leon patted Merlin's back with mock sympathy and got up, leaving Merlin to join back up with the Knights on the field.

The warlock finished up the last sword then proceeded to secretly pick some of the flowers around him, binding them with a spare strip of neckerchief fabric. He glowed his eyes over his creation, allowing his magic to help preserve them.

Once the Knights started to disperse and the King had began to make his way towards the mound, Merlin bounced down the hill- hands behind his back.

He reached Arthur, he stood there panting a lovesick smile on his face and a suspicious laugh on his lips. Arthur beamed back at him, hands on his hips and a single eyebrow quirked in confusion.

The younger man shoved his hands straight out infront of him, offering the King his small gift. The King blushed heavily as he took it, fingers brushing over Merlin's slightly.

"Thank you Merlin."
The King spoke sincerely, their eyes deep in eachother, searching souls. Merlin stepped forward, in a spur of the moment decision, and kissed Arthur's cheek softly.

"You're welcome."
He whispered, gaze not leaving Arthur's. Arthur tried to restrain his glee but failed miserably causing Merlin to gently giggle at the man.
To shut him up Arthur leaned in and captured Merlin's lips in a delicate but love soaked kiss.

"Only took you three fucking years Merlin."