Chapter twenty two

"Niall you have to calm down sweet heart. I can't help you if you don't stop crying." I hear my mother say as I sobbed into my fathers chest while being cradled in his lap.

Not long after the reporters so rudely broke the news to me. I seen the news from my phone and the look on Gary's face gave me every reason to believe it was true.

I broke down instantly. I had been sobbing everywhere since I found out. My dad has been forcing me to drink water just so I don't dehydrated myself. My parents and Greg were so confused as to why I was so distraught over the situation.

They obviously didn't know the entirety to my confession but I didn't have the strength to educate them.

"God, Niall why are you crying over that creep?! He had a shrine of you in his home." Greg says completely frustrated with my episode. I just looked to him in the middle of my sobs with blood shot eyes, not being able to breathe due to harsh pressure I felt in my chest and stomach.

How could I have lost Harry?

There was a knock at the door and my mother went to get it. I let my head crash into my dads chest again as I heard more footsteps approach the living room.

I felt the weight of my dad shift as he pulls away shushing me and softly cradling my arms. I turn to look at the guests and there stood my best friends Louis and Zayn.

I turned away from my dad and they pulled me in for a long, deep hug. My limp body laid in their arms as I emptied out every ounce of liquid I had.

"It's gonna be okay bud. You gotta talk to us." Zayn says as Louis rubbed his back clenching to me tighter. For the life of me I couldn't even form a single thought in my mind to understand what just happened.

I know it's way too early to be completely in love with a man who is known to be obsessed with you. No this is not Stockholm syndrome.

Instead it felt like I lost someone I looked up to, a close friend or a family member who I was close to. Harry and I shared something special and although our last few conversations were short they meant so much to me.

I cared for Harry like no other. He was someone I wanted to protect and I wanted to keep him out of harms way. Which is why I confessed to everything . I wanted Harry to stay safe and me to take all the heat.

And an angry mob killed him.

I sobbed and sobbed so much everyone thought it'd be a good idea just to take me to bed and hopefully I'd cry myself to sleep. Hell I could go to sleep now with how exhausted I was.

So Greg, Zayn and Louis all helped get me upstairs while my parents made some calls.  When I got to my room they boys laid me in bed. Zayn laid in bed while I cuddled his side and cried into his hoodie when I heard Louis and Greg talking until someone left the room.

I sniffed before looking up to Zayn.

"I know you may think he wanted to hurt me but he made sure my safety was his priority." My voice cracks and I wiped my swollen lids.

"Harry has been through the worst shit of his life and this town treated him like shit! No one gave him a chance." I say with my anger increasing.

"No one will know how soft he actually is, how he likes to cuddle your arm in your sleep, how he likes to splash around in the pool or how he loved being a goof! No one will know that because everyone are such fucking idiots! I'll never forgive this town ." I say and Zayn wraps his arms around me and forces my body to lay against his.