Nineteen

As the light floods in my eyes crack open. Looking up i see girls above me loads of them. A blonde jumps into the box pulling me to my feet, and a brown haired girl steps forwards, protesting, "Shut your hole Rachel" the girl steps backwards dissolving into the crowd. I look around, for boys. I could see none.

The blonde tugs me sharply, pulling me upwards, lifting me out of the box. I sway dizzily, the bright sun beating down on my head making me feel faint. "Where am I?" I ask. A girl with brown frizzy hair groans and rolls her eyes, i look around in the distance, around 2 miles away I can see walls, I turn a slow circle, my feet clumsily moving tiny steps stepping on each other and making me become unsteady. I was enclosed in a massive stone circle.

'Please, Gemma you have to trust me, they want to kill you, please Gemma. They're gonna put you in a cell with Thomas something bad is gonna happen to your friend. Please you HAVE to trust me.'
It was a voice inside her head, just like before but this time it was a girl.

I shake my head, this is just so freaky. But I went along with it, trusting the bodiless voice. Where are the other boys? Where am I going? So many thoughts, so many questions. My head ached from all of them, making it droop from the weight of thoughts. The gaggle of girls lead me down stone steps, underground. They placed me in a room, just like the slammer, and closed the door, staying behind it and watching. Some grabbed the bars with their hands, staring through like animals. My body weight became too much and my knees buckled beneath me, sending falling to the floor. I didn't feel a bump. I heard a voice. It was soft, like feathers floating through the darkness. The words landed on my shoulders rising to my ears as I processed them, or rather 'it'.

The word was "Gemma".

It came from a voice on the other side of a dark room. I heard scuffling and a figure emerged through the darkness. "Gemma can you remember me?" I look at his face, just like the one from my dreams, the one called Thomas. "No, Thomas" as if I'd said enough he shakes his head, coming closer I back away. "Gemma please, all I know is my name and your name, Gemma, look at me." I raise my stare, meeting his eyes softly. I breathe in. Blinking slowly. Then staring into his soft eyes, trying to forget what's might happen. 'Something bad is going to happen to your friend', who was my friend, I thought, was it him?

I hear footsteps coming down unseen stairs, I glance back to the girls by the door, their dirty snarling faces turned into plates of confusion. Two boys rush down the steps. One which I didn’t recognise threw open the door stepping in, he dragged the second boy with him. That was the one I did know. Newt.