seventeen

The boys break from their dazes, snapping into action. Newt calls for me to go through but i can't leave him. I stay pushing people through the wall. All ask for help now, no one wants to be like Chuck. There's only five people left now: Gally, Newt, Minho, the keeper of 'the bloodhouse' Winston and me.

We look down, grievers now swarm from the exits. Metallic clicking and mouthless moans echo around the maze, bouncing off the walls and into our ears. I look up my eyes locking on Newts, "i'll go with Gemma, we need to make sure the others are safe." newt says in a low voice, "make sure you're quick to come through" he doesn't need to say anymore, twenty grievers line the bottom of the wall.

Peeling myself away from the wall me and newt count down we're going at the same time. On one i look down, grievers are beginning to climb, their bulbous bodies peeling them selves up the wall. i turn away from the horrible scene, smashing my face into the wall.

Blackness shrouds over my body, taking the weight away from every living cell and replacing it with a numb lightlessness. once again i feel like i'm drifting, floating through the line of visions. Except this time there are no visions. My body turns hard, hard and cold, i try to flex my fingers but they stay as stiff as cardboard. I panic commanding my body to wriggle, kick, do anything so long as it moves.

Nothing works my brain seems disconnected to my body, to my head even. i can't even blink.

i give up, and i feel my body stiffen even more. Panic grips me, my insides squeeze and my body feels like its shrinking from the pressure. But i no longer move, my strength zapped from the effort. I relax, my insides shrinking away from my skin, giving me space to breathe and relax.

A strange sensation overcomes me, it feels like i'm freezing again then splitting into millions of tiny pieces. Like glass shattering.