Three

"Wait!" I call. jumping out of bed and running toward the boys who had now stopped in their tracks. one of the boys who had been caring for me now took my arm and gently lead me back to my bed. i sat. "i need answers" i say
"Well I'm fraid we can't give many to ya but go ahead and ask ya shank." alby said
"Where am i?" i ask
"Well ur in the glade. which is in a maze." Babyface speaks now "thats all we know, basically."
"Fine" i reply curtly "you must know something else though i mean..."
"One greenie comes every month, same time, same place. Food comes every week and water comes in through pipes. the walls close, every evening at a set time, you don't wanna be out there when darkness falls or the grievers'll get you. enough information missy??"
"I um.."
"Now tell us what's goin' on k'? or ill throw your shucky but in the slammer, ya hear me?"
"I don't know anything! promise!" i whimpered "i can't remember a thing!"
Alby turned on his heel and walked out the room.
Babyface sat awkwardly on the end of my bed. Standing he walked over to a medical boy whispering something in his ear. returning to my bed he looked at me from head to toe. I took the opportunity to check him out. The boy wore a light brown top, lowly cut with a dark green Sash and brown shorts. He wore black trainers and black socks. His hair was a messy style and a muddy blond. And his face was so small, i couldn't help but grin at it.
Baby face looked at me questionably. oh crap did he ask me something? "sorry?" i say
"Are you feeling okay?" he asks, i could hear actual concern in his voice "you look a bit pale"
"I guess i just need air" i say "how long have i been in hear?"
"Bout a day, s'pose, -" he was cut off by a siren, shrieking in my ears. my hands flew to cover them, wincing. "what the shuck! another newbie!" i knew something was up, alby had said one new boy had come once a month every month, regular clockwork, but two in a row?

Following baby face down the stairs i stole glimpse' in other rooms, mostly empty but one... i stopped dead in my tracks peering in, a boy lay, veins popping out of his skin turning his skin blue- "don't
look in there" baby face took my hand pulling me down stairs until sunlight flashed in her eyes. baby face snatched my other hand. " this isn't your fault Gemma" he said looking deep into my eyes. something inside of me twinges and I took my hands back pretending to fix my hair.

The alarm stopped and i peered through the crowd, baby face rushed forward and i followed quickly grabbing his hand to keep a pathway for me.

Alby and baby face stood at the edge of the opening in the ground along with a couple of others, baby face smiled at me, a faint but comforting smile.
Then the huge opening started grinding, opening to a whole of darkness.

Not until the light flooded in could i see there was actually something there, "someone grab the provisions" alby pointed at several boys who immediately jumped and started gathering. alby and baby face followed. everything seemed well until, shouts rang out. shouts saying scary thing. Shouts that Gemma thought these glades might use to turn on her. Shouts that said no one was there.