Six

As newt continues to hold me, i sink deeper into the comfort of his touch. "hey" he says to me, speaking into my hair "i better go down tell alby and the other keepers bout this, you wanna come?"
"No thanks" i replied i wasn't ready to face those people "i feel a bit tired, i'll stay thanks newt"
"Okay" newt says to me "just remember i care for you Gemma, so don't go cutting yer wrists, okay?" then he pulls me into a hug planting a kiss on the top of my head, just where my parting meets my forehead. I pull away and gently nudge him to urge him to go down and tell them.

Once newt had gone I walked over to a pad one of the doctors had used, taking it in my hands i searched the page for valuable information. About me. About this glade. Realising i would need something made from the creators i looked for a computer, nothing of the sort was in the room.

Defeated i slumped back on the bed, wondering when newt would return. i let my thoughts wonder, trying to remember obviously wasn't working. my mind turned to newt, his fair hair, his soft comforting voice. he'd said he cared about her, what did he mean by that i thought. Did he mean love, or did he mean friendship, or did he just care that she might bring an exit to the maze. My pointless thoughts wandered on, only to be snapped by footsteps coming up the stairs, not one pair, not two pairs. But three.