Fourteen

Turning i see the other group running toward us. Exhausted faces from a day of running and fighting come towards us, I tall boy I guessed as a runner reached us first shouting at us that grievers were on their tail. We'd have to fight, most would have two grievers to a person but soon we were paired up, hoping that the more people working on a griever the faster it could be killed. I was with newt. He was still weak, but being with him meant I would feel safe.

We got started on the grievers knowing that the doors closed in fifteen minutes. Me and newt took on our first griever, newt stabbing me pulling, grabbing the handle a sharply tugged the handle making it slip out of the slimy flesh. We moved on getting through 2 more grievers. Most people only had one griever to the pair of them, i noticed a few had fallen, some boys fighting alone. Newt yelled at me to get with it, he'd caught a griever off guard, so I slipped around the back of it tugging at the plastic handle. The handle didn't give. Tugging harder the griever groans, hope surges through me. But the moan didn't show pain, it showed anger, the griever turned, its pincers slicing the already grazed shoulder. Claws grab at me, pulling me up then sending me crashing to the ground. Screaming I back away, but the grievers on me on me, consuming me with its massive body.