[18] "Points for Little Dove"

I HEARD the familiar rumble of Kade Fosters' bike, but did a double take when I saw another person on the back. Kade never rides with anyone. I discreetly watch from my position by the school, my brows raising as I see a small figure step off and Kade pulls their helmet off.

Raven.

What the hell is she doing with him? On another note, I guess my paranoia from last night was unnecessary. She's obviously fine.

     She ruffles up her hair into its place after the helmet messed it up and he places in the compartment of the bike seat. Greyson sees me staring and I immediately look away. Who gives a fuck anyways...Fosters wouldn't stand a chance if I really wanted to do something.

     Not that I do...Raven and Leila are from the same roots anyways. If she wants to fuck around with him I won't stop her.

     I hear Raven's voice converse with her friends.

     "Kade Fosters, huh, Ray?" a female voice says.

     "He's fixing my car. I dropped it off at the shop before school but since it wasn't done, he offered me a ride," she says, voice timid.

     Never firm.

     "So you went for a ride on a donor bike? I did not see that one coming," the same female voice says.

     "Me either," a voice I recognize as Grant Spaulding's says.

     My overhearing gets interrupted as Leila and her friends inch closer to me. Hesitance and nervousness clear on their faces.

     Irks me that they think they're approaching a cold killer, but it fuels the reputation.

     "What?" I ask, irritation in my voice and a plain mask on my face.

     "Huh? Oh, nothing," she says, awkwardly shifting in the direction away from me, her friends following.

     That's what I thought.

     "Class," Matt says and I brush by, walking in first to the school building.

I'm easily irritated this morning, everything getting on my nerves. I don't need someone telling me there's fucking class when I hear the damn bell ringing.

Calculus, of fucking course, is first.

Everyone steers clear of me as I make my way to the class except one person who stands slightly in the middle of the hallway blocking my path. I shoulder them, watching as none other than Kade Foster stumbles forward. He turns around looking irritated, but quickly turns back around once he sees it was me.

     Good.

     I see Raven toward the back right corner of the room. I take the seat next to her and slap my book onto my desk, making her jump. I'm in the very right back corner and multiple heads turn my way. Grant sits by her other side and shoots me a look.

     "Uh...h-hi," Raven says.

     I shoot her a look and an upward nod as acknowledgement. She quickly turns back to her notebook, jotting down who knows what.

     "Alright class, everyone take a seat and quiet down. Let's go through some problems that I didn't assign for the homework over the weekend..."

     The teacher writes numbers on the board for us to solve and I flip open my book to the right page, grabbing a notebook and my pen.

     "Alright let's work in groups of three for the next fifteen minutes. This is a new concept so read the notes in your book and we'll go over it together when you're done. Starting from the right work with the two people next to you."