[3] "This'll Make it Better"

"GRANT, c'mon-"

"You turned me down this morning and then roll up with him?" he looks at me, hurt evident in his eyes along with anger.

"I'll explain to you when we get inside or somewhere quieter and more private. It's a long story," I say, pleading him to let it go for now.

"You can tell me, Ray," he says, looking down at me.

"I know, I just don't have time for this right now," I say, getting impatient and desperate to separate from the crowd.

I bounce on my feet, eyes glancing around. I know you may not see me as shy in my head, but outside and around people it's a whole different story. My palms begin to sweat.

"Do you like him or something? Or is he hitting on you because-"

"Grant, stop! Don't be ridiculous!" I say, looking down at my feet.

"What? I'm just saying all of a sudden Mr. Bad Boy Cross isn't riding with his girlfriend, but-"

"Hey what's going on here, Raven?" I hear a deep, familiar voice behind me.

Could this day get any worse? With him there's loads of attention and I really don't need that right now.

"It's fine, Archer," I say, crossing my arms over my middle as a defense mechanism.

I'm also hoping I don't anger him, but that caution slips my mind in my moment of panic. I wince in retrospect. Anyways, trying to be discreet doesn't work.

"That's Raven Michaels? Damn!"

"Whoa, Raven got hot, man!"

"Holy shit! Raven Michaels is hot as hell!"

Can the world just swallow me up now? My cheeks heat in embarrassment and I wish I just decided to skip today with Kendra. I'm assuming she'll be here soon to get me out of this mess. Ugh, Archer why did you have to offer me a ride! I shouldn't have taken it...I would've been fine myself!

"Archer, please just-"

"What the hell are you doing, man?" Grant jumps in.

I look at Archer who steps forward to get closer to Grant, narrowing his eyes in challenge. Grant takes a step forward as well, pinning me in between them. I look up at the both of them, shaking my head and clutching my arms tighter around myself.

Grant could probably go up against Archer and not fail miserably, but I'd have to give this one to Archer. Grant's a solid guy with his blond hair, blue eyes, and weekly hours in the gym for football, but I don't want this situation escalating more than it already has. Plus, Archer's been in more than one fight and Grant doesn't have near the same level of experience. If there's one person who doesn't care to stand up to most-feared Archer Cross, it's Grant. Yet another fight I have to be in the middle of.

"Archer, please...Grant, c'mon lets go," I plead, practically begging him with my eyes.

"Just wait a minute, Ray. I'm interested to know what Archer here thinks he's doing," Grant snaps.

"What I'm doing is stopping your ass from-"

"Okay! Okay! Please, Grant can we go? I'll explain what I can," I say quietly, focusing on the person I can more likely get through to.

He gives Archer one last glare and clenches his teeth, sighing. I take that as my opening and gently push them apart. I look back at Archer, hoping I'm not going to pay for my comments to him later. Luckily...well not exactly, but he's focused on Grant.