From the other side of the room, Stiles's head, quicker than ever, whipped around towards the agonizing scream he had just heard. Every nerve inside of him was shocked.

"Olivia!" He yelled from the floor while holding the flashlight in his free hand. He searched the room until his light landed on something in the small distance. A small figure was on the ground, back against the wall, crying while holding its leg. It was definitely Olivia: her dark brown hair swayed as she held her leg.

Olivia cried as she looked down at her leg to find it covered in her own blood and ensnared in a bear trap. The sight was so extremely grisly she had to close her eyes and lean her head back from sudden nausea, the room spinning from the sudden shock. She didn't even hear Stiles call out for her, her attention more on the mess of her leg.

"Are you there, Olivia?!" Stiles yelled again, wondering if his mind was playing yet again another trick on him.

Olivia's eyes were screwed shut, but his voice forced her to open them. She squinted as the light shined directly in her eyes. "Stiles?!" she said in between heaving breaths of pain. "Why are you — you can't be here, Stiles." The shock turned into fear almost instantly. The fact that they were still not alone coming back to haunt her.

He didn't know why she didn't want him here, it's not like he had a choice in the matter. Stiles desperately wanted to go help her, but his foot was pierced through in a bear trap as well, impairing his movement. He twisted around on the floor, trying to break free, but it was useless. The more he moved, the more blood pooled on the ground.

Olivia knew it was around here somewhere. This was all it's doing. She wanted to face it's clothed face, but she needed to draw the attention to her instead of Stiles. That's all that mattered in this one moment to her.

Finding whatever courage she had left in her, she clenched her hands into fists and the sharp pain of her nails cutting into skin brought her back to the present.

"I know you're out there." Olivia turned her head in search of the mummified creature. Her voice was hoarse from the frigid air and from her previous cries of agony. "Just come out, you coward!" Olivia screamed, her voice breaking.

Stiles heard everything she was yelling into the empty room...or so he thought. He was terribly confused why she was yelling at four cement walls, unless she had already lost it, which was entirely possible.

Her breathing was cut short as she closed her eyes, preparing herself to direct all attention to her. It was like everything stopped before she spoke, fear made her eyesight blur, but she powered through it. "You're not fooling anyone. Ju-just come out and get to the fucking point!"

A beat passed. No one moved, breathed, spoke, nothing. A pin dropped could be heard.

Then, the faint shuffling came about once more, this time Stiles taking notice.

The figure appeared out of the shadows and limped forward toward the girl. She held her breath and didn't let go as it loomed closer. The anxiety settling on her chest was like an elephant sitting on her, blocking her from breathing. The proximity was terrifying. It just came closer and closer and each time she thought it would stop, it didn't, not until it was right in front of her, looking down.

"I wonder, have you taken up on my offer yet? You sure are a stubborn one." The creature said in a lilting tone.

It was now close enough to her that she could feel its disgusting, cold breath on her face.

"Don't touch her!" Stiles yelled as he watched the whole thing unfold, the limping figure moving even closer to Olivia whose back was plastered to the wall.