c h a p t e r 24

🎶My uptown girl🎶

-Billy Joel

Hunter's pov:

I walk over to Sierra, covering her eyes before she was able to observe anymore of Caleb's...his whatever you want to call it.

"Thank you."

I hum in response, barking at Caleb to get back to work, Marcus' door opens and he's talking on the phone, reassuring whoever he was talking to, "Yeah, yeah ok, got it, yes I'm sending my guys to you, ok, yes."

Cutting the call, he looks at me, "Yo, I need you to go down to 5th street, near the old restaurant." Marcus informs, "White car, busted up tyre. Take little Juni with you, he's in the back taking a piss right now."

The door slams open and out comes Junaid stumbling towards us, "I'm here, I'm here, don't leave without me," He runs, afraid we'll leave without him.

Kissing Sierra's cheek, I walk to pick up some supplies before my forearm is harshly grabbed, "You brought her here? Fucking Clarissa's showing up today you idiot, what's Ce gonna think?" Mark hisses, his height towering over mine.

I was happy that he cared very much about my relationship with my girlfriend and why am I such a fucking dumbass?

My mind was all over the place this morning and I forgot Chloe was was visiting to get her payment, but Sierra was so sad and vulnerable, I would've been a monster if I left her alone, "Take care of that problem? I'll pay you back I promise, the whole thing slipped out of my mind."

He releases my arm, letting out a sigh and rolls his eyes, "You moron, of course I'll take care of it!"

Rubbing his forehead, he adds, "Don't worry, you don't need to pay me back, I just needed to make sure you knew what you were doing, you didn't apparently."

"I can take her with me if that's the prob-" I start, the last thing I needed was a fight being started and more drama.

"No, it's fine, I can take her to my office and let her stay there, why...why is she here again?" He asks, confusion on his face, a simple non-offensive question.

"She didn't want to stay home alone, Lacey's out with some kids." I tell him, not mentioning that it's his ex-girlfriend's cousins.

Calling Junaid, I hand him the supply box and tell him to start the truck, jogging to the girl sitting on the desk awkwardly, I take her hand, "Mark's gonna be with you, okay? Tell him if you need anything, and you can sit in the office if you want." I offer.

Offer? You fucking idiot, I need to make her sit in the office somehow without rising suspicion.

Her lips break out into a little smile, "Okay, and I think I'll stay here, being in there would be kind of...boring, plus, I brought my phone so I can busy myself with it till you come back."

Dammit. Well, I hope Mark's better at convincing her.

Rubbing circles on my hand, she kisses my knuckles, "You should go, no slacking off."

A finger in my face as she makes a serious face, warning me.

"Yes ma'am." I salute, before leaving with a whisper.

"Be good for daddy, okay?"

******

I stop the car in front of the 5th street sign, the other road was a bit busted up and I didn't need to get a flat tyre of our own.