c h a p t e r 4

🎵And when she knows
What she wants from her time
And when she wakes up
And makes up her mind🎵

-Billy Joel

"Breakfast was delicious dear." Granny tells me with an adoring look. 

Sam, the freshman I had helped yesterday, also her grandchild, nods his head in agreement. I don't miss the look in their eyes though, it clearly stated that they're lying and they're just being nice.

I don't deserve this though. I don't deserve to be lied to just so that my feelings aren't hurt. I've been so used to be told the bitter truth, that I'm useless and worthless that being lied to hurts even more. I don't like it one bit.

Sighing, I go pick up their plates and look at the gooey waffle that Granny Viv had scrambled around the whole plate so it looked like she had eaten it. I give her a look and she just looks at me with her innocent eyes and loving smile.

I go to pick up Sam's plate when he stands up and picks it up himself, reassuring me that I have nothing to worry about and that he'll help me.

If only the other two siblings were like him.

After we were done with the few dishes, granny went out to open the café. Mini Gordon Ramsey, who's name I had gotten to know was Lacey and Sam were in their rooms.

And I, well I was trying to clean up the main room. 

A few old books were scattered on the floor with dust laying on them next to a dusty shelf, the shelf looked good besides the fact that there was a big gap between them, there was a rocking chair on one end of the room and two sofas next to it. 

The white walls were slightly chipped, revealing the grey concrete. And the little wooden desk and television in the center of the room was coated with dust. 

Tying my hair up in a bun, I started dusting the shelf and books and then placing the books in them neatly. 

There wasn't exactly much to do, I didn't want to move anything and change the environment of the room. Maybe I could ask and-

No, they would never let me. Vivian is already being so nice and letting me stay. I can't ask her if I can do a bit of redecorating and touching up a bit of the paint

Plus, her pain of a grandson would be on my ass.

I decided to go to the bathroom and clean a bit there. 

With all the nonexistent knowledge I had from cleaning, I was going pretty good. 

The only thing I needed to do was wipe away dust and throw away useless stuff, that's what granny told me to do. Then she said that if I want, I can come over to the cafe with Lacey.

::::::

That was the worst 2 hours of my life. Panting, with a disgusted face etched I stood up. Trying not to vomit, I picked the cleaning supplies Sam gave me and ran out of the bathroom.
Before I could do anything else I hear a scream from the room I slept in last night.