𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝑫𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰𝒏 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔?

He was the protecter of supernatural. He was the Bearer Of Death, the black dog.

His job was to protect the super- natural. Make sure the supernatural world stays a secret.

He killed many people just for the fun of it. He brought death all around him.

He went by the name Edward Caine.

After months of searching, we caught him and he was sent to Malivore.

He was a--

Hailey yawned, her eyes watering and blurring the words. She rubbed them tiredly.

She couldn't make of what she was reading from the journal Seylah gave her.

Her father was this Edward Caine. He was forgotten from everyone. Who he was and what he was.

For her whole life, she thought her father abandoned her and it turns out he was in the pit of Malivore.

She just wanted to know what she was. She was scared, that she would hurt someone. Whenever she turned into whatever she was, she blacked out.

She didn't want to cause deaths. She had to learn control, just like Seylah said.

She glanced at her clock, seeing that it was 2 in the morning.

She groaned and fell back in her bed.

Her eyes slid shut.

~~~

Hailey looked around, only seeing darkness. "Hello?"

Hello echoed back. Hailey jumped from the echo.

She whirled around, hearing footsteps behind her. "Who's there?"

Her twin nieces appeared, both looking beautiful. They were wearing the same dresses from their birthday.

"Jumpy much, Hailey." Lizzie giggled, smiling at her aunt. "It's a beautiful day for our birthday."

"Why is it so dark?" Hailey asked.

Josie tilted her head. "It's where you belong. You belong in the darkness."

Lizzie chuckled. "Do you know why our birthday is so special?" She didn't let Hailey answer. "Because it was the day you were reborn, auntie."

"I don't understand." Hailey whimpered.

"Where is it?" Josie questioned.
"And we'll tell you anything you want to know."

"Where's what?" Hailey furrowed her brows.

"Come on. You can trust us. We're family." Lizzie said.

Hailey's eyes snapped up, understanding. "I'm not telling you anything."

Lizzie and Josie disappeared.

A screech came from the darkness, throwing itself at Hailey.

Hailey screamed at the monster. The monster was a woman in a black dress and a veil. Hailey's eyes flashing orange as she burned the monster who screamed and jumped away.

"You want the artifact, you have to get through me." Hailey growled.

Her head shot up, hearing a knock.