𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑩𝒆 𝑫𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕

Hailey was back from Europe and everything was different

Hailey was back from Europe and everything was different. This year Alaric wasn't the headmaster of the Salvatore school, he was the principal of Mystic Falls high school.

Hailey also wasn't going to the Salvatore school anymore not since a new headmaster started, she got a weird vibe from him. She felt like she needed to get more connected with her human side which her nieces understood.

And her and MG were again no longer together. They broke up before she left for Europe. It was a mutual thing. She of course still loved him but she needed to focus on herself.

Today was her first day in mystic falls high school and honestly it wasn't to bad, now that Dana and Kyle were dead.

The Forbes girl shut her locker with a sigh, locking eyes with a cute boy. He smirked at her, talking to his friends.

She gave him a smile back, turning around and smacking into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" Hailey exclaimed, bending down to pick up her books and the mystery persons books.

When the person she bumped into just stood there, Hailey glanced up, seeing a familiar girl staring at her in shock.

Hailey's eyes automatically shone a fiery orange color. Her head throbbing in pain.

"I'm Hope."

"Since your name is Hope, does that mean you're always supposed to feel Hope?"

"I just wanted them together again. I got them all killed."

"Don't say that. They wouldn't want you to think that. Look, bad things happen all the time and always to good people. I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that."

"How many cups is that?"

"My fifth cup. I heard about your human. I'm sorry they compelled him. You probably hate me."

"Hope?"

"Want to help me with a mission?"

"Jessica and Veronica"? Really?"

"I'm definitely Veronica. You look more like a Jessica."

"Go check on the boys."

"I'm not leaving you!"

"Hope!"

Hope. Hope. Hope. Hope. Hope.

"Hope." Hailey muttered in shock getting images of said girl and her having conversations.

The forgotten Mikaelson widened her eyes. "You know who I am?"

Hailey stood up. "Of course I do, Hope Mikaelson. I mean, I slightly forgot but you were always in the back of my mind."

"But... how?" Hope asked, relieved that someone knew her. "I just saw Alaric and he had no clue, so I'm going as Hope Marshall right now."