F i f t e e n

Hinata's POV

He cares; Kageyama cares! I couldn't believe it when he found my hearing aids. I wonder how he found them, but my curious thoughts slowly went away after I fell back asleep in Kageyama's bed.

Thanks to his magnificent find, I was able to stir awake, but not make too much racket, enabling myself to eavesdrop on him and— Oikawa's? Conversation.

Why was Tooru here? I thought to myself, doing my best to hide my confusion and fake my sleeping.

"So, you do fess up to being in love with someone." I hear the pretty boy say in what I assume is a cheerful tone, so I practically shoot myself awake.

"Oh, you're awake, how lovely!" I rub my tired eyes and I hear Tooru's exclaimed sentence.

"Tch," was Kageyama's reply, but his face definitely didn't reflect his tone. His face was a tomato color, redness flushing his cheeks like a porcelain doll.

I was concerned and I guess it showed because I got a concerned, "Are you alright, Sho?" from Oikawa.

See, here's the issue: I have no clue what to call that stupid Aoba Johsai setter: Oikawa or Tooru. Like, what do I choose? I assume I can alternate between names whenever, but this boy rejected me for whatever he has and says he's sorry? I appreciate his generosity and caring nature for tending to my deaf needs, but I learned something important because of his rejection.

It didn't hurt me as much as I thought it would. I did cry, sure, but he cried with me on that fateful, snowy day, too. Him and I both showed our true colors, flaws, and weaknesses, which is each other.

Maybe that's why?

I don't hate him for it, but I suppose I can understand why he rejected me. He's probably not ready or he wants me to find myself.

Although, I think I'm ready to move on. I know it's only been a few days, but as much as Kageyama calls me a dumbass, him and I have been building each other up. It's a slow process, but I'd say it's working effectively, which is an extremely nice change to have.

According to Kageyama, Oikawa ended up contacting my mom and she approved of me staying at the Kageyama residence until I felt okay again. I didn't expect her to say yes, but I'm forever grateful for her generous reply.

Kageyama has been taking me out to eat each night since he isn't the most top-tier dinner cook. His breakfasts though? Those are the damn best, especially his American Style breakfast dishes.

Anyways, despite Tooru rejecting me, it took me a few days to realize it, but I think it was for the better. I feel much safer and more needed by Kageyama, yet he helps me whenever I need it. I'm not scared to ask for it either—

wait.

What is this feeling I have? Is it a stronger version of what I felt with Oikawa?

No.. it can't be! I'm unsure of how to mentally feel about this, do I act on impulse like how I did with Tooru?

What should I do?

Oikawa's POV

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that I haven't told Shouyou or Tobio the entire truth of what happened that fateful one day. I told Sho one half; I told Tobio-chan another half.

I'll let them figure this out on their own since I won't be here to guide them during their high school years after this year.

I snap out of my own thoughts and see Shouyou spacing out. I decide to pull the ginger back into reality too, snapping my fingers in front of his face to get his attention.

He shook his head and blinked a couple of times before focusing on Tobio and I. "How are you feeling?" I ask him softly with a warm smile.

To my surprise, he isn't fazed by my smile like he used to be. Instead, he turned his attention towards Tobio-chan and rasped,

"B-Bet..ter." He gives the black haired boy a small grin. Shouyou beckoned for Tobio to come closer to him, so I stepped out of the way, as I was in between them.

I watch as Tobio-chan kneels down next to Shouyou and I see the ginger's hand reach out to touch his cheek. The smaller first year's hand brushed against the taller first year's cheek and as soon as he pulled his hand away, he signed,

"Thank you for caring for me, this is the most that someone has cared for me in my lifetime."