Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I woke to a hard floor beneath me, quickly sitting up I glanced around the room. My heart pounded against my chest as I realized I didn't recognize this cold place.

The floors were a dense concrete, the walls matched. A single fluorescent light hung from the crumbling ceiling. I laid my ice-cold hands over my mouth as a decaying stench lingered in my nose.

Fighting off the urge to vomit, I ran toward the only door in this lifeless room. Before I could get to it the door swung open with force.

I collapsed and scrambled away from the large man towering in the doorway. I shifted my gaze away from him, I was panicking inside with so much fear and cluelessness.

"Bring him in." the man seethed. I mustered the courage to look up and catch sight of two other men hauling in an almost lifeless body by it's arms.

This wasn't any body, the feeling in my gut was pulling at him. I eyed his naked body and through the dark blood that coated his skin, I recognized his tattoos.

"Deacon!" I screamed. I stood up and lunged at the two men in an attempt to help my injured mate. I was forcefully shoved down to the ground. My head hitting the hard floor. Warm liquid pooled into my hair.

"Don't touch her!" a growl echoed through the thick walls. I sat up to see Deacon fighting against the two men that had a hold of him. It was no use, he was weak and hurt. I've never seen so much blood in my life. My eyes welled up with tears seeing him like this.

"Don't hurt him, please don't hurt him!" I cried, crawling over to them as tears streamed down my face. One man stepped forward with a wicked grin on his face, as if my pain we're amusing.

"Theres nothing you can do, weak little human." His words echoed in my head as the room started to fade.

I sat up out of bed with haste, I finally realized I was dreaming but it didn't make the terrible feeling in my gut go away. My breathing was out of control, I couldn't catch my breath.

My eyes darted around the room trying desperately to find Deacon. He was nowhere in sight, which made my uncontrollable emotions even worse. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

Where was he? Is he hurt? Was he taken? My mind wouldn't stop the images of his battered body popping into my mind. If he was hurt or worse, dead I don't know what I would do.

"Deacon!" I shouted, scurrying out of bed. I ran out of the room and scurried down the long stairwell, almost slipping from the sweat that coated my body.

I turned the corner to the living room and immediately saw my family seated on the sofa. Their eyes widened when they noticed the distress in mine.

I glanced around the room still in a panic to find Deacon and make sure he was okay. Sam stood up with my sister following suit.

"Ellis what's wrong?" Sam questioned, walking towards me. I avoided his gaze and finally met eyes with Deacon. He stood from the chair with worry blanketing his perfect face.

I ran past Sam and my sister and jumped into Deacon's arms, wrapping my body around him. His large arms immediately pulled me in close, while his hand gently tucked my head into his neck. I let my tears of relief soak his shirt.

"Whats going on? What happened?" he whispered into my hair. I squeezed him tighter, finally realizing that everything was okay and that my dream had gotten the best of me.

"You were gone, I thought something happened to you." I choked to hold back my tears. Embarrassment krept into my body as I felt the eyes of my family watching me cry, and tug at Deacon as if he were the only person in the world.