Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"I've made a years worth. It's just a teaspoon in 6 ounces of warm water once a week, and you're completely safe." Lydia handed me the jar of brown powder. Deacon was thanking her while I inspected the jar.

It was hard to believe that a tiny teaspoon of this will prevent a lycan baby from invading my womb. Lydia was about to leave but I quickly stopped her, gaining Deacons attention.

"Is this harmful if I've already conceived?" I asked her in a low tone. Which was dumb, seeing as Deacon can hear most anything.

I watched as Lydia glanced to Deacon who was watching intently. She smiled and settled her gaze back on me.

"It doesn't harm babies, just prevents them. This spell doesn't have jurisdiction over a child conceived of intimacy that happened prior to being under its influence." She assured. I smiled relieved. Although a baby wasn't at the top of my list of priorities, if I were to become
pregnant I'd want to make sure I wasn't actively doing anything to harm them.

"Thank you." I told her before she left. I closed the door and once again inspected the jar while I made my way to the kitchen. I could feel Deacons eyes on me as he followed close behind.

I grabbed a mug and filled it with hot water from the sink. I made sure to grab a measuring spoon, I could probably eyeball a teaspoon but this wasn't something I felt comfortable eye balling.

"You're taking it now?" Deacon spoke from across the kitchen. I turned to face him and could see a look of concern covering his face.

"Yeah, Lydia said it wouldn't hurt a baby or affect the possibility of a baby from our sex last night." I reiterated her words to him. He was quiet, glancing at the powder then back to me.

"Is that okay?" I asked him out of curtesy, when in reality he wasn't going to decide wether I should take it or not. He quickly nodded.

"Yeah, that's what we talked about. One night." His tone was short. I smiled trying to brush off his weird behavior.

Deacon sat at the other end of the kitchen and watched as I drank the bitter beverage. He seemed tense and preoccupied in thought.

"What would you want if you could choose, boy or girl?" I tried lightening the mood. A part of me felt bad that Deacon was disappointed about my eagerness to get this tea down the hatch. A faint smile made its way across his face.

"I wouldn't care who or what our child ends up being. I just know I want a family, with you." He pushed himself from the kitchen island and made his way to me.

"Don't you have work to do." I teased him when he leaned over me, placing his hand on the counter at either side me, trapping me into him.

"I do, but this is your first day as my Luna. I want to spend it with you." His voice was low and full of love. I smirked and stood on my toes to kiss him. He smiled and watched me struggle until he finally leaned down to meet my lips.

The abrupt sound of his phone broke our romantic moment. Deacon sighed against my lips and pulled his phone out, kissing me again before he answered.

"Yes." He spoke irritatedly before leaning in to kiss me again. I chuckled at his attitude. As he leaned in I could here the person on the other end. They sounded impatient and nervous. Before Deacon could pull away from me I heard them say Samuels name.

I perked up and watched as Deacon stormed out of the kitchen. I followed him, letting him know I was curious as to what was going on.

"Follow through. Tell Arlo I do not care. I don't want my final decision being second guessed again." Deacon spat before hanging up. He had his back turned to me while I waited patiently for him to tell me what was going on.