18 - Easy, Bee

No longer was I hopping. Now I was running, racing towards my apartment. I climbed the stairs three at a time. Even colliding into the 'musician' next door and making his spiky guitar fall down a story didn’t bother me. I dashed into the house, into my room, dug out the silver amulet from Toby's soil . . . then thought the better of it.

No, I couldn’t go back alone. I didn’t even know what threat it was that was troubling Rasthrum and the citizens of the City Of A Hundred Haunts.

I had to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow I would be back in {Undisclosed}, with Aar and Marra and Es and especially Mr. Om, an adult, and I could consult with them. We could all go together, or think of something better.

How had Rasthrum showed up in the city? That remained to be answered as well, but I guess 'magic' would be a concise way to put it for the time being.

Had he been there? Or was my turn of a life taking its toll?

I closed my eyes, and meditated as the Roman scriptures dictated.

He had been real, alright.

I would take my amulet to the mansion. They all had theirs already. We would start our journey in the hall where Marra had feasted on his Dad's blood last year, together. All you have to do is keep it in your mouth, right? That’s what Rasthrum had said.

I had no choice but to wait.