CHAPTER 14

ELMO'S POINT OF VIEW:

"Hey mom." I greeted her when I stepped inside the leaving room.

"Where have you been Moses?" She asked.

"Mom diba I told you earlier na I have another recording session for my single." I said.

"Moses your recording sessions only lasts an hour or two." Mom said.

"And besides someone told me na you were seen having dinner with someone at Milky and Sunny and you requested na pasara ng maaga yung resto?" Mom asked with her eye brows raised.

"Mom I didn't go on a dinner with anyone okay? I just dropped by at Milky and Sunny to check on some accounting stuffs and siguro the girl they saw with me is one of our staff." I explained.

"But Janella told me she saw you with Julie having dinner sa Milky and Sunny." She stated.

"Mom seriously?! You believe the shits that girl told you? Come on mom." I said full of frustration on my voice.

"No I don't okay? I'm asking for a confirmation okay?" Mom reasoned out.

"Your asking for confirmation meaning you're believing what she told you." I said.

"I just don't want you near that San Jose girl again." Mom said.

"Can you please explain to me why the fuck do you want me to stay away from her? She said her sorry already a few years back before we parted ways, she even did an effort to apologize to you what more does she need to do mom." I said frustration still on my voice.

"You don't understand son." She said.

"Talagang di ko maintindihan kasi ayaw mong ipaintindi sakin." I answered with irritation now evident on my voice.

"She left you hanging Moe she chose to be with that Alden guy, she left you for someone she thought she liked, someone she thought is better than you..." my mom said.

"Come on mom it's been years Julie and I talked about that issue already and we are good." I said.

"Moe she ain't good for you..." Mom stated.

"Explain it me mom? Pano?" I asked.

"Son I want you to have a name for yourself, ayoko makilala ka ng tao as the son of the master rapper or as the other half of JuliElmo, I want the people to know you as Elmo Magalona, I want them to know you as a great singer and rapper, a great actor.... All I wanted was the best for you." She said.

"Mom I don't get you, you told me you don't want people to recognize me as a loveteam's other half but you still agreed that I would be paired with Janella." I said confused.

"And that's a wrong decision..." she said.

"Mom I'm so tired to making excuses and alibis and shits every time they ask me why I wouldn't accept the offer of having a collab with Julie or every time she asks me to be one of her guests sa concerts niya..." I said.

"Mom you know how badly I wanna do a collab with her, How i wanted to guest on her concerts but you just won't let me." I added.

"I'm fucking tired of you mom, I'm fuckin' tired of you controlling my life, let me live ma, let me make my own decisions." I told her.

She was shocked and hurt at what she heard from me.

"Mom through out my career all I did was to let you decide for me, Mom this time I want to stand on my own please let me decide on my own." I pleaded.

"I wanna be honest with you mom I've been seeing Julie for the past weeks, It's also true that I punched Ben, and it's also true that we had dinner just awhile ago." I confessed.

"Elmo Moses what do you think your doing?! Ang laking issue nanaman niyan di ka ba nagiisip ha? Di pa nga matapos tapos yung issue mo with Janella dadagdagan mo pa." She said angrily.

"Stop seeing Julie, Moses that's an order." She said firmly.

"I can't mom." I answered.

"And why can't you?" She asked with raised eye brows.

"Because I'm courting her mom." I said.

"What?! Moses naman nagsisimula ka pa lang bumangon ulit yang career mo papabagsakin mo nanaman." Mom said.

"Mom Julie and I will keep things private till our issues were fixed." I said.

"Di ko na alam gagawin ko sayo Elmo." Mom said.

"All you have to do is to trust me mom." I said.

"Mom can you please let me be happy for once..." I said.

She sighed.

"I'll trust you on this one but if you screwed up Elmo Moses I'm telling you..." Mom said full of seriousness written on her face.

"Mom I know what I'm doing can you just accept the people I love?" I said.

"Moses I'm just protecting you I don't want you to get hurt again..." mom reasoned out.

"Mom getting hurt is part of loving..." I said.

"Mom you don't have to worry about me I can handle my self okay?" I assured her.

"Wala naman na ata akong magagawa you decided already." She said.

"Mom can I ask a favor from you..." I said.

"What is it Moe?" She asked.

"Can you atleast be civil with Julie everytime she's around?" I said.

"I'll try okay..." She said.

"Mom you know she's nice you know that naman right?" I said.

"Moe I'll try okay..." she said.

"Okay, okay..." I said surrendering.

"Basta Moe remeber our deal okay? If ever things get screwed you know what to do." She reminded.

"I know mom, I know..." I said.

"Alright, Go rest na It's getting late na may meeting pa tayo tomorrow sa ABS." She said.

"Goodnight Mom..." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Goodnight Son..." she said then tapped my shoulder.

I headed up the stairs, wash myself up and lie down on my bed and texted Julie.

To Julie:
Hey I got home kanina pa sorry I wasn't able to text you agad mom and I talked...

From Julie:
Nagalit ba siyo si Ms.Pia? How did your talk go?

To Julie:
Gel chill okay 😂 and I'm gonna tell you something...

From Julie:
What is it?

To Julie:
I told my mom that I'm courting you...

From Julie:
You what?!

To Julie:
Angel can you please chill 😂

From Julie:
How could I when you told your mom you were courting me eh galit sakin yun.

To Julie:
She's not mad Gel...

From Julie:
You sure?

To Julie:
Yup so you don't have to worry okay?

From Julie:
Okay... I'm gonna sleep na I just waited for your text lang po talaga

To Julie:
Goodnight Gel, I'll see you tomorrow okay, Sweet dreams and...

From Julie:
And?

To Julie:
I love you...