23

*2 days later*

"So then, what's happening?" I asked Matt; he hasn't really said anything today actually, he's scaring me because he isn't usually this quiet. He's not quiet at all really; I kind of feel awkward aswell which is annoying "I don't know, you tell me?" He hissed slightly at me "Okay, so clearly you've got something on your mind that you want to get of your chest? What is it?" He let out a really sarcastic sigh before rummaging through his bag "Did you tell me you didn't like me back because you and Nathan are going out? When were you going to tell me? Why did you keep it a secret from me, I'm meant to be your best mate! I guess I don't know you aswell as I thought hey." He shoved the newspaper he rummaged out of his bag into me before storming off.

I stood there not really having a clue what I should do right now. How did he know about me and Nathan? That's until I opened up the paper and saw the article.

'Boybander Nathan Sykes surely knows how to keep it in the family; after breaking up with dancer, Nicole Watts, only 3 weeks ago - who is sister to Leah Watts, Max George's girlfriend - he was caught yesterday snogging Nicole and Leah's step sister Danielle Hamilton.

After being attacked only 3 weeks ago, I doubt this is just a comforting thing Nathan is giving Danielle to help her get better. Let's just hope their family knows about the running around they're doing.'

Below: Picture of Nathan and Danielle

My heart started to race extremely fast. Crap, crap, crap. What am I going to do?

I got out my phone and quickly dialled Nathan's number "Hey" he answered almost as soon as I dialled his number "Please tell me you've read the newspaper today?" I spat out trying to keep calm "Erm, no I haven't. What's wrong?" "Nathan, it's in the paper. We're in the paper; the paparazzi caught us the other day kissing and they've put it in the paper" there was a silence for a couple of seconds "Oh! We need to tell people then! Where are you?" He asked "I'm round the corner from mine, near the park!" "Okay stay there, I'll come because we'll need to tell your mum and Joe. Well Joe anyway!"

It took Nathan about 10 minutes to get here, and when I saw him approach, he was with Max. He smiled weakly at me before we walked back to mine "Do you still have the paper?" Nathan asked me quietly; I pulled it out of my bag and gave it to him. What made me feel worse about this article was that it was front page; everyone would read it or take an interest because of this. Nathan skimmed through the article before passing it to Max.

Before I knew it, we were walking up the garden to my house, I opened the door. I could feel myself heat up; I didn't know what to expect from everyone. I didn't know if they knew. I stood in the hallway staring at the floor, I literally couldn't move, I felt as though fear was taking over me.

"Danielle" I looked up to see Nathan standing in front of me "Come on, everyone's in the kitchen!" He half smiled at me before backing off slowly to the kitchen.

I couldn't hear anything except the footsteps of me, Nathan and Max. As I walked through into the kitchen, I looked straight over to Joe who had so much anger in his facial expression; this face scared me like hell. I took my look away from him and over to Max who was stood by Leah, she looked at me like she was utterly disappointed in me, but she also looked as if she wanted to kill me.

I then looked over to mum, who has been acting weird these past two days, she's barely spoke to me, which scares me because I don't know whether I offended her when I told her about what I thought Joe had done. She half smiled at me. The glittering shine that's usually in her eyes had disappeared. She looks so unhappy but is it to do with me and the fact I'm dating Nathan?

My thoughts got interrupted by the conservatory door closing. I looked over to see a very angry Nicole. I take it that everyone knows about me and Nathan then. Nicole came charging over towards me and before I knew it, I felt a pain in my cheek; I fell backwards and into the kitchen table before I fell to the floor.

I was still sort of weak from the accident so I barely had any balance. I felt some pain in my wound as I had hit it against the table "BET YOU COULDN'T WAIT TO GET YOUR CLAWS INTO HIM COULD YOU?" Nicole screamed at me. Nathan bent down to my level "You okay?" I nodded in response before allowing him to help me up. Mum walked over and stood in front of me "Nicole, life is not all about you okay? I know you're probably hurt, but you always knew this day was going to come. You knew you and Nathan were never going to last, you never deserved each other. You knew, even when you were together, that Nathan had feelings for Danielle! That's what destroyed you two! So don't say you didn't expect them to get together!" I stood there not really expecting mum to say anything. I don't know why, but I guess it's because she hasn't said anything to me lately.

"What's that supposed to mean? I hope you're not saying my daughter wasn't good enough for Nathan?" Joe stood up and walked behind Nicole "Ohh shut up Joe, wrong timing isn't it?" Mum spat out her words, she gave Joe a really dirty look "Guys, don't you reckon you should just talk about this instead of arguing?" Max interrupted "Good point Max, because I'd like to hear what Nathan and Danielle have to say for themselves. Danielle?" Everyone turned round to face me. I felt as though all the words have been taken out of my mouth. I didn't know what to say "Well, we weren’t going to tell anyone, not yet anyway. It's not really the right time to start a relationship I know bu-" "I don't care whether you want to be with him or not. You want to stop with your mind games and finish with him. He doesn't really like you, you just want him to and you're playing them mind games again." Joe interrupted me more-or-less shouting at me. "Excuse me; don't say that about my daughter! She doesn't play mind games. I don't care what you think about her but thinking she plays them is so out of order" mum replied to Joe, I thought she was going to rip his head with the sound of anger in her voice.

I felt tears surround my eyes, this was horrible, and maybe I was wrong to start a relationship with Nathan. Well, start one now with him; I should have gave his brake-up time to calm down. After all, I know what Joe's like.

"CAN'T WE ALL JUST SHUT UP!" Nathan shouted over everyone's arguing "This is pathetic! I don't care what you think Joe, simply because, whether you like it or not, me and Danielle are going to be together. I love her and I want us to be together. Your opinion doesn't matter; I never liked Nicole, I only went out with her because I felt pressured into the relationship by you! But by letting you boss me around, it made me realise just how much I wanted Danielle! Neither me or Danielle don't need your blessing, you're no relative of ours so who cares? If Lisa approves of us, then everyone else doesn't matter." I felt myself slightly smile through my face full of tears. I looked up and caught mums eye, she smiled back at me like she was proud that Nathan just stuck up for me and is willing to fight for us to be together.

I couldn't help but to smile widely right now. Even though there's arguing going on. Nathan turned to face me before smiling at me.

I guess I fell in love with the right person after all.