Chapter 5

Phili slid down the door as soon as she closed it, her legs finally giving in. Resting her palms on her chest, she felt it--the loud beating of her heart as if she had run a marathon for a long time.

Thump, thump, thump.

She cupped her cheeks, disbelief spelling on her features.

What in the world happened?

She felt blood rising to her head and shook it fervently. Obscene thoughts out of my head. Shoo!

But it persistently clung to her like an irremovable gum and the pink tinge on her cheeks spread all over her face, beet red, like wild fire. She wants to explode in embarrassment!

Out of nowhere, she slapped herself. Stop it, Phili! Get your grip!

Right! She needs to throw her fantasies to outer space. You've been living for more than ten decades and you blush when you see a shirtless man? Shameless!

Shameless, she is.

Something droops on her thigh. She looked down to see...Is that blood?

Her fingers lightly touched under her nose and red liquid stained her tips.

My nose is bleeding?

She quickly got up and searched for a tissue to wiped it off. Did she really just got a nosebleed?

Apparently, yes. Cleaning the dirty mess she made to herself, something popped into her head, something she forgot.

Quickly as possible, she grabbed her phone, dialing the front desk. A ring ensued and the other line picked-up.

"Good afternoon, sir/ma'am. This is the front desk speaking. How may I help you?"

"Yes. Hello." Phili gulped nervously. "Can you, uh, send some assistance in room 232..." The scene a while ago entered her head once again. "Ah-um, something broke a-and needs to be cleaned up."

After her stuttering mess, she ended the call abruptly. She couldn't take it; just a mere mention of it makes her face burn. She sure does hopes that those people will enter once someone answered...unlike what she did a while ago.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She lightly hit her head with her phone as she tightly closed her eyes, trying to erase the embarrassing memory.

If word got out, she would definitely be in trouble.

She just needs to hope that the Russian country leader will take up her offer.

Speaking of the devil, her phone rang that ended her train of thoughts. She stared at the screen. Unknown number.

With precaution, she pressed 'answer'.

"Алло."

The deep low voice, coated in thick russian accent, greeted the girl.

"H-hello."

Get your grip, woman. Stop embarrassing yourself further! Remember, you are a country leader. She scolded herself.

"I need to speak with you personally, regarding about the incident."

Phili sharply inhaled. Oh gosh, here it comes.

"Meet me at the café later. Three o'clock sharp. You know where it is."

With that, the call was abruptly ended, even before Phili could answer. She bit her lower lip and sweated as she glanced at clock over the door. 2:38.

He ended the call quickly. Was he mad? His voice doesn't sound like it.

She was nervous.

With America, the man was always the one who ends the conversation. And when he's mad, he always cuts it short without even saying goodbye.

Phili squeezed her eyes shut.

Maybe, if it weren't for her usefulness...if it weren't for her strategic location... She bit her lip. He could have severed our ties already...

She stared at her trembling hands.

Little brother of the US.

Her country was dubbed as that. A shadow of the powerful. The follower. Someone...weak.

Now, she was faced with a dilemma. She can't anger the bigger country, mostly the leader—Russia.

The screen of her phone illuminated her face in the dark room and her eyes gravitated towards it.

Recent calls: Unknown number

Her eyes widened when she realized it.

How did Russia got her number?

~~

A/n:

I spent my time researching a normal russian phone greeting lol.