Chapter 3

The strong scent of salty water caught her nose and it stirred her with excitement. The blazing heat against her red skin and the calming sound of the waves reawakened her dying soul from constant work.

She felt energized.

The sight of coconut trees casting shadows from the fiery sun for the locals and tourists alike to get some time to cool down. It was recently closed down for rehabilitation. But she was overjoyed to see it pulsing once again and back to its former glory.

"Where's that place again?" she mumbled to herself.

Del was always boasting it. It was a newly opened hotel but it quickly got the attention of others. Fortunately, there aren't many people here, due to the new rules and regulations established on the island.

Her blue hair in a messy bun with a cap protecting her from the sun's rays and glasses that made the surroundings not so glaring, since she just got out of her office after all. It would be too much for her eyes.

Pulling her luggage, she walks through the bay walk, taking her time leisurely. She noticed new shops have opened and one caught her eye.

I can visit that later.

She still needs to get her bags in her room first. Surprisingly, it wasn't that far from the café she wanted to go.

"Any reservations, ma'am?" the woman behind the desk greeted her with a warm smile.

"Philippines or Del Pilar."

The woman's eyes widened and smiled widely. "Ah yes! Come this way, Madam. I'll escort you."

She grabbed the keys and took Phili's things. Another employee took over the front desk and greeted the next visitors.

They stopped by room 233. The room wasn't that big, but it wasn't too small to be uncomfortable. A double bed pushed at the corner just near the sliding door, covered by thick curtains. One closet at the other side. A door which is for the bathroom.

The room was cold. It was probably because of the AC.

"Please tell us if you need anything, Madam."

"I will."

The woman left.

Phili removed her sunglasses. The room was dark, but she didn't bother reaching for the light switch. Her eyes would hurt anyway. Seems like she locked herself in her office for too long, it's not healthy.

Just thinking back to her work makes her nausea and head ache.

Stop.

She should stop worrying so much. If she didn't relax then her vacation was all for naught. First, she needs coffee...or just ice tea, it wouldn't help if drinks a stimulant.

Maybe, she should visit that one café that caught her eye.

Setting down her luggage, she grabbed her sunglasses again and headed out. Good thing the place was just next to the hotel, she wouldn't have to walk too far.

The smell of caffeine infiltrated her nose as soon as she opened the glass door. Ironically, it sets her mind at ease.

There weren't too many people and low chatters in the background really sets the mood.

"What can I get for you?" The lady in the counter asked.

She peeked under the woman's cap which has the café's logo on it. "Boracay?"

And she was never wrong.

"Phili?" the woman asked back. It must be hard to recognize her under her cap and sunglasses. "Oh my! It is you!"

The woman squeezed her over the counter.

"It's been so long!"

She was also glad in seeing her but the sudden attract of attention from the other people made her feel uncomfortable.

"Shh, quiet down. Let's talk inside," the country pointed at the door with a sign 'personnel only'.

She recently found out that Boracay herself was managing the café. The woman already has a lot in her hands, including the management of the whole island and now this.

"I'm glad that you were able to get a break once in a while. It must have been hard managing the country if you never take vacations."

Phili strained a smile. She sat on the chair opposite to the woman and sip the ice tea Boracay gave her.

"I'm so glad that you decided to take a vacation here." The woman exclaimed. "I feel so honored!"

Phili laughed. "Del said many country leaders are visiting here. You must have a hard time."

"Oh not at all," Boracay shook her head. "I'm proud to present the other countries the beauty of the Philippines. It is truly a great pleasure!"

Well, at least, Boracay is having fun in her work.

"Manager! People are piling in, we need more hands!" One personnel shouted from outside.

"Right, right. I'm coming!" The woman yelled back. She turned her attention to Phili and gave her a disappointed smile. "I'm sorry our conversation has to end like this."

"No, it's okay." Phili assured her. "I'm glad I was able to talk to you."

"Really?" Boracay's eyes sparkled. "Then wait for me a bit. You can roam here wherever you want."

She excitedly stood up and left the room. Phili decided to look around the small space she was currently in. It feels like a changing room, or maybe it is.

She noticed an apron and cap hanging from the side. The familiar combination of green and white color had her thinking that this was one of Boracay's uniforms.

Grabbing the cap, she exchanged it with hers and tied the apron to her back. She turned to the mirror beside her.

"Not bad."

But her large sunglasses doesn't fit in. She took it off and stared at the reflection once again. She could really pass off as one of the workers here.

The room suddenly burst open.

She jolted and in a swift movement, turned around.

"What are you doing here?" It wasn't Boracay, but another personnel. "We're jam packed and we need more hands. Stop dilly-dallying and deliver this to the hotel." He pushed her a cup of espresso with a saucer.

Phili was so surprised with the action, her tongue got tied and her brain went blank.

"Room 232."

"I'm sorry, but I-I'm n-not—"

"Quickly!" He interjected.

"Hey, hurry up inside! We need more people here!" Another voice yelled coming from outside.

"Sheesh, just wait, okay?"

As quickly as he came, he left in an instant, leaving Phili alone to ponder on what in the world she would do with the espresso. She stared at it.

It wouldn't hurt to help Boracay for a bit. Since they're full but lack staff, it wouldn't be a bad idea. She's helping a friend.

"What was it again? 232? Isn't that the room next to mine?"

~~

A/n:

Like I said, I speedrun this chapters, sooooo... if you see some incorrect grammars and misspellings... yeah, I didn't edited it lol. Peace.

LOL, Phili   [Rusphil]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें