Savior Of The Night

Cat's P.O.V

I walk over to Harry's first meeting and enter a couple students gasp at my presents and I roll my eyes, my hair still a mess, I haven't slept in days and have been missing Dawn so much. Cathy has also been ignroed by her! And that has to mean something is up with Dawn. Speaking of Dawn, she was actually here not making eye contact and just had her wand out.

"Hi, Cat, glad you made it." Said Harry I smile weakly.

"Me too, sorry I'm late, I was trying to lose Umbirgde." I said and he nodded.

We were doing the Disarming Spell and Dawn did great, just a little lazy wave and the wand was gone, Neville Longbottom had some trouble but Harry helped him. I had a little difficulty but got it eventually. Neville almost knocked my head off, actually, by his wand wizzing by my head making me jump.

"Sorry!" He called.

"It's okay, Neville." I reply back and went back to practicing but I couldn't help but notice Dawn is in the corner writing in her notebook with some tears in her eyes but I couldn't bring myself to go over to her, I didn't want to set a scean for her. When class finished Dawn waved her wand making two letters and then they disappeared and she left the room I grew curious and then felt something pop into my bag and open it grabbing a note seeing Dawn's amazing writing, it looked like a fairy wrote it. I read it and then went running along with Harry, who I guess got the letter.

The letter said:

      Dear Cat

I can't take it anymore, this life of hell is eating me up like I'm just air. I have to end this here, I have to. You've been a amazing friend, you really have, I regret now losing you but I had to do what was right. I am going to be on the Daily Prophet tomorrow that'll break your heart, don't bother to stop me though, I don't deserve saving, I only deserve death.

I love you, remember that, and that I'll always be watching.

Dawn Lily Michaelson

Me and Harry ran to the Astomeny Tower and saw Dawn there I noticed tears falling down her face she moved one foot and I gasp and Harry yelled "Dawn!" she fell and we hurried over and Harry reached over and I saw he caught her by her wrist she slipped a little. "Hold on, Dawn." Harry whispered she looked up and shook her head.

"Let me go!" She shouted.

"No," We say in union.

I help Harry pull her back up and Dawn had more tears falling and realization filled her face. "No...No...I..." I cup her cheek with my hand and she shook her head fratically. "I...I didn't j-just try to..." She trailed off and we both nod and a small sob left her lips Harry wraps his arms around her as she cried and I hug her too, so comforting to her, and we got to the ground me and Harry just hugging Dawn as she cried, her sobs echoing off the walls, Harry buried his nose in her hair, I didn't blame him though she smells amazing, and I snuggle closer to Dawn as she clutched her hand on her Slytherin skirt and one clutching onto Harry jumper crying still.

I move Dawn's hair behind her ear and lift her head to my leavel and cup her face wiping away her tears as more just kept coming and she sniffed. "I'm so stupid, I'm an ugly idiot, I...I just ----" I shushed her soothingly and she stopped talking and I wipe away more tears and Harry hugged her from backwards with her sorta in his lap she held his hands I continue holding her face and we touch foreheads like sisters and we closed our eyes when I started singing to her.

(Mine Covered By Glee)(Originally Sung by Taylor Swift)

"You were in college working part time waiting tables

Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of falling
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts

I say can you believe it?
As we're lying on the couch
The moment I could see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Flash forward and we're taking on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes

But we got bills to pay
We got nothing figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes, this is what I thought about

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

And I remember that fight, 2:30 a.m.
As everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the goodbye
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said I'll never leave you alone

You said I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine

Hold on, make it last
Hold on, never turn back
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you believe it?
We're gonna make it now
I can see it
I can see it now"

I finished and me and Dawn opened our eyes and I kiss her nose in a sisterly fashion. "Dawn, you're not ugly, you're not stupid, you're not a whore. You're just simply beautiful, wonderful, sweet, kind, and so smart there's so many more words for you, I can't describe it. I love you so much, I should've never kept a secret from you, you're a wonderful girl, I should've told you and said I'd do anything to keep you safe from all those people because you're so beautiful and wonderful to ever believe those things and let the darkness take over you. I should've been there for you when you were depressed, looked for you when you disappeared, I should've done so many things to keep you believing you are loved, blessed, and beautiful." I whisper to her and Dawn had more tears fall.

"I love you so much, Dawn, never let yourself be taken over by the darkness without me being there because I'll show you how much of a beautiful gir lyou are." I added.

"I...I love you too, Cat, I'm sorry I've been a awful friend, I just...I just had to ----"

"Dawn, you don't need to explain yourself, you did the responsible thing." Harry whispered to her and Dawn nodded shakily I let her go and kiss her nose again.

"We all love you, Dawn," I whisper.

"I...I love you so much, Cat." Dawn whispered and I hug her, Harry's still hugging her, I wrap my arms around him we comfort Dawn through this, letting her know she's okat, because she is. She is our light in the darkness we just need to find Dawn's light to her darkness.