The Losers (blackmail is the sign of a twisted and devious mind...)

Kelvin's POV

Okay. Thank heaven I'm now in the bathroom and away from my lunch table. And more importantly her. Firstly-how is this possible? Secondly, why is she even here? Delia must be demented to come to Dromwell of all places. She is a rich and successful actress, isn't she? I didn't have much choice myself, my mother forces Holly and I to still go to school despite our careers as she believes a school education will help us 'become well-rounded individuals'. We drew lots to select which type of school we would attend by drawing lots. Holly drew private and I drew public-bully for me and being the baneof my current existence. At least Dromwell was better than the last school I attended where there were gang fights and almost everyone had a piercing or tattoo.

So here I was back in Dromwell (which isn't that bad compared to other schools), just doing my own thing and making new friends but nevertheless counting the days until senior year FINALLY ended so I could get out of here.

But Delia hereand calling herself by Sophie Applegood (her real name)? This was way too good to be true. And the fact that she was here, of all places and there were many malicious rumours being spread about her? As Holly's brother, I'd recognise her handiwork anywhere, anytime. Really though? I personally doubted the truth of the rumours as Holly was really good at fragmenting, then exaggerating and manipulating the truth in such a way that the newly formed rumour would sound true. I knew my sister's reputation among the private school set, but I couldn't even come close to believing that she'd stoop so low as to actually spread rumours about Delia who was supposed to be her old friend.

I was pretty good friends with Delia. Holly and she had the typical frenmeny relationship that was common for competing actresses of the same age. One day, the press (call it a slow news week) saw us together hanging out and decided to call us a couple who was secretly dating as to avoid publicity. As the fact was that we were just friends and the press was completely wrong (as usual) , and both Delia and I were really single at that moment. The fact of the matter was, Delia and I were quite good friends who were quite close and hence kept going out, which the press continued to misinterpret. The press had a field day digging up old photos of us and some with Holly in them and digging up all sorts of supposedly private facts about our lives until Marge (Delia's then manager) barged in and told me that I should just ask Delia out to stop all the publicity about her. Besides, dating Delia would be great publicity for our new movie.

How could I say no to that kind of offer? So I asked Delia out, and she agreed because she was just as sick of the paps as I was and so from then on we became a 'couple'. The press nicknamed 'Deevin' but eventually new things came up and we were cast out of the spotlight. As the media attention faded, Delia didn't want to date me anymore as it was all a farce to her but it was then that I realised that I didn't want it to stop as somewhere along the line I started having real feelings for Delia Point.

Unfortunately, Dee didn't recipocate my feelings so she broke up with me. (But to salvage my reputation we agreed to tell the press that I broke up with her.) Due to the apparent awkaredness, I didn't talk to her much after that and neither did Holly, who immdeately severed all ties with Delia.

 Thing was, as strange as it may seem I still like her. I mean Delia. So that's why as I walked back to my table in the caff, I had a plan fully formed in my mind.

Time to go back now.

Sophie's POV

Honestly speaking, lunch isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Well, despite one of the junior cheerleaders called Chloe being really bitchy about me sitting at their table when Jake and Kelvin simultaneously stated in firm tones that I stayed there. I guess now I have a lunch table! Not-so-strangely though, nobody seems to be commenting on Bice's presence at the lunch table. Guess it's okay to sit anywhere you want when you're famous,huh.

Hey, in high school your reputation is everything, I guess. And mine apparently is a train wreck, so it's no wonder seemingly everybody wants to distance themselves from me.

Kelvin pulled me out, claiming that 'we' needed to talk, completely disrupting my train of thought. He kept a tight grip on my arm, grabbing my bag as we walked (or more accurately he pulled me) out of the cafeteria.

XOXOXOXOXO

Alright, I simply cannot stand this! How DARE he?! And the worst part of this whole situation is that if I threaten or really do something to him he'll just tell my secret, and my makeup collection's out on the street.

Why? WHY?!!? Why me, of all people? And now, of all times?

Perfect timing. Kelvin just had to swoop in and ruin everything just as I thought life in Dromwell was going to get better...

And more importantly kill what little chance I had with Max...

I officially, as of this moment in time hate Kelvin Cruise for diminshing any chance of  me having a real love life.

I rue the day he was born, not to mention the fact that having a terribly wicked mind and evil genious-related smarts obivously run in the family. (Seriously, just look at Holly's reputaion AND the way she thinks.)

He must be seriously twisted to even think that you can make a girl fall in love with you through blackmail. Granted, in most stories it works because the author says so, but in real life, it NEVER happens. Unless the girl is demented enough to actually fall for the guy.

Do I even remotely look as though I like him in that way? Is he really foolish enough to think that this will help him get another chance with me? This is only going to make me hate his guts!

Sigh. Boys can be such stupid creatures at times.

Okay, well admittably some boys, not all of them fall into the above description.

Except for Max, maybe.

Because the minute all of this is over, I am so going to get my revenge on him.

After all, revenge is best served on a dish turned cold.

=====================================================================================================

Sorry people for the looong wait, but I've been really super busy with school and other stuff like tuition and church. THis year is supposed to be the 'best year ever', but for me it's also the busiest.

Clarification: Holly calls her Sophie because she was frenemies with her before she became a star and was still using her real name. Whereas Kelvin didn't really take an interest in Sophie until they grew older and she moved to LA and became DeliaPoint, so he naturally calls her Delia because that's what he's used to.

Happy new year everybody! I hope 2011 will be better for you!

And do remember to vote/comment/fan if you enjoy my story!

You can always ask me to read your stories on my message board. I'm always open to new stories and I'd be more than ready to read it! I'll definitely try to get to it as soon as possible and try to comment/vote.

Likewise, please comment/vote/fan if you like my stories! It only takes a moment of your time and it'll make my day! Also, do please check out my story A Random Last Strand.

Sincerely,

Tab_hen1415