Those Losers (Sophie starts school...)

Hey, this chapter was supposed to be posted way earlier but my stupid laptop developed a bug and the document refused to save itself. I tried ten times and had to change the chapter name three times before the thing finally stopped giving me the loading symbol and instead just saved the document like it was supposed to. Sorry!

========================================================================================

"Agent Annabelle, your task is as follows. Due to the successful completion of Mission Windmill, you are hereby appointed to another vital mission. Information extracted from the subject has led us to believe that there are aliens in Dromwell. Your mission is to infiltrate Dromwell, and preferably befriend the subjects and gather as much information as possible on them to determine if they really are aliens. Also, this mission is classified so you are not allowed to reveal under ANY circumstances to reveal your mission to anybody."

"I understand. But sir, won't a new transfer student attract attention and appear suspicious?"

"No. Dromwell High is a good public school and has transfers of every age group on a regular basis. Besides, agent Amory who has already been briefed will be accompanying you on this mission. Are there any more questions?"

"No sir."

"Good. You both start tomorrow. Remember, this mission is a huge step toward proving the existence of extraterrestrials and getting contact with them. If you both fail, the consequences may be dire and our funding may be lost."

"Yes sir. I understand how important the success of this mission is."

Sophie's POV

I sighed as I put my bags into my new-cosy was the best word to describe my new living situation. The town house on Mulbury Avenue that I was supposed to share with Bice was nowhere near the standards I was used to living in-that I had started to take for granted. I mean, where was the butler that offered to take my luggage bursting full of clothes at the door? Where was the queen size poster canopy bed with 100% Egyptian cotton count sheets? The full size personal walk in closet with my adjoining bathroom? I didn't see any of the above in my new temporary house, so WHAT, pray tell should I 'enjoy' about Holly's bet? At least (as a consolation) she allowed Bice to start at Dromwell with me, so I wouldn't be alone and it "wouldn't be so bad for me". I knew the exact implications behind Holly's words, but the kinder (and more logical) part of me stopped me from inflicting serious bodily harm on her. So much for that fantasy.

According to (faked) official records, my parents had died in a plane crash when I was seven so Bice's parents had offered to adopt me and hence let me stay with them. Unfortunately, my parents had put all their savings for me into a gilt-edged trust fund that nobody, including me could touch until I was 25, or when I married. In the meanwhile, I was left to live on my adoptive parents' humble monthly salary (they worked as college professors) and what my adoptive 'sister' could afford to spend on me. In other words, until I turned 25 or got married I was poor. Actually though, most of the money Bice earned by modelling and singing (supposedly) went to HER college and trust fund, and paid for her vocal training etcetera. Only she got to wear designer clothes and walked around carrying branded bags, stationary and other essentials because of her many endorsement deals.

I trod up the stairs into the tiny (in comparison to my real room at home) room which I had. Bice got the bigger bedroom with the walk-in closet as she was a bigger breadwinner than my cover identity. I was dead tired from the move and packing (I was allowed to bring some of last season's designer clothes since I could always claim they were Bice's castoffs). So, I just threw my Louis Vuttion turquoise luggage onto the floor, changed into my silk pyjamas (a girl's allowed ONE luxury item, right?) and slipping on my eye mask, jumped into the semi-comfortable(but DEFINATELY not what I was used to bed and slept.