The Losers(in the witch's lair,buyer beware...)

Heyyyy!!!!!! I'm so super sorry for the loooong gap between chapters but I had two camps practically back to back and like, close to ZERO com/internet access. Hence the super long gap and the three chapts which I wrote by hand in my notebook during church camp (which was REALLY boring)...And the special night was lame with old people singing Christmas carols...the ONLY high point was the children's skit which was actually kind of entertaining(they are SO CUTE!!!)

Anyway my main inspiration for this chapt was Taylor Swift's Sparks Fly. Go check it out-it rocks! (And incidentally is the exact type of thing Italy would expect of Max if they ever went out together)

Enjoy!!!

=============================================================================================

Sophie's POV

The first question most parents (or any lame adults for that matter) normally ask after a day at school, especially your first is:"How was your day?"

What I'd normally answer would range from the most generic general answers like "Oh, it was fine./ My day was okay..." Guess what's the honest answer that most adults never get to hear. At least in my case.

Honestly speaking, aside from Honours English, Lit and homeroom, classes were a drag. I don't know how anyone manages to pass Calc, Ms Hastings is so old and boring that even those trying to stay awake and pay attention inevitably find themselves falling asleep. The fact that Holly's rumours about me were rampantly spreading around the school did nothing to help matters much.

When Mr Greenwood asked if there was anybody who wanted to be my partner in Chemistry II, nobody raised their hand, which is a testament to how much of a loser I am. This, I feared was a sure sign from my peers that (a) I was a loser and (b) this was a preview of how the rest of my high school life could be if I didn't do something about it pronto.

But WHAT, pray tell, could I do? I mean, look how hard it was for Claire in The Clique to raise her LBR (loser beyond repair) status to Pretty Committee (the popular group). Although it might've helped that she was living in her alpha's guesthouse. Realistically though, this 'success' story doesn't help me much. Unless I do what she did: grasp at straws and use any and every possible advantage I have to claw my way to the top (or as near as possible) of the food chain.

Seriously! I am an glamorous actress, not some geek complete with the nerdy haircut and thick glasses. And yet, here I am 'enjoying' the same status as them. Could life get any more unfair? This is really high school for you.

Judging from the 'spontaneous' reaction I got in Chemistry, I had grave doubts that anybody would be flinging me offers to sit at their lunch table. So there were two options left to me. One, I could verify my new unpopular status by heading to the library and burying myself in books for the entire lunch hour, or I could be brave (so to speak) and face the caf with a poker face.

Cowardice was never an option for the great DeliaPoint (if I do say so myself) so I opened the door to the cafeteria, and I was totally unprepared for the scene unfolding itself in front of me. For starters, all the books that based themselves on school life didn't even do this place justice. The very structure of the cafeteria was the usual popular to unpopular structure, with a catch.

The tables were in a perfect circular formation, with the outer rings depicting the unpopular kids, to the two center tables where the Losers and the jocks and cheerleaders sat. The buffet seemed to offer a dazzling variety of food, the scrumptiously wide array making my mouth water-I suddenly seemed to recall that i hadn't eaten anything since breakfast this morning.