She notices her hand has somehow intertwined with his as Gray holds it tightly, a promise after this war is over. An answer, the one that she has been longing forever, an answer to her love. Her blue orbs are on the brink of tears as he kisses her knuckles and smiles against it.

"You and I will survive and will always by each other's side, right Juvia? Will you promise to survive?"

"Juvia...Juvia promises..."

A promise that she can not keep yet she agrees anyway...

They stay there, enjoying the beautiful view of Magnolia at night. The night is still young and they both have so many things that they haven't talk about, so many things to share. Master Mavis is flying above them, smiling at the young couple strolling down the street hand in hand. To love and to be loved is a wonderful thing, although her love story is a tragic one, the blonde woman silently prays for their love story to have a happy ending.

How Gray and Juvia wish to enjoy this peaceful moment a little bit longer but the weird and sinister aura surrounds them, alerting the danger that appears ahead. They heard the bell ringing, informing that the enemy has started the invasion and the thought of it made both mages shudder. They are not ready, but they have to fight. A surprise attack may sound scary but as Fairy Tail mages, it's their duty to protect the town and the heart of the guild.

The first battle was brutal as the enemy sent 50 ships to attack the guild from the air, even Warren had a hard time detecting the number of ships as they only appeared when reaching to a proximate position. Gray and Juvia were outnumbered by the enemy, even with the aid of the Strauss sister as Mirajane had to use one of her newest Satan Soul forms to knock down the enemy with Seilah's macro.

Even with the soldiers had been put to sleep, the battle was far from over. Seilah's macro didn't work on Wall Eehto, a member of the Spriggan 12 as he was a Machias. While fighting, Gray saw his first fear, Juvia got injured by the steam emitted from the enemy.

Wall was able to detect their weakness and used it against them...

But that didn't stop them from doing their job as they began to change strategies, facing the different opponents that they had the advantage over. For Juvia, it was the fire guy. With her water magic, she defeated him easily and so as the others. Once again Gray realized, even if it's in the middle of a battle, how compatible they are to each other. Ice and Water, their element complement each other so well that wherever they go, as long as they're together, they're invincible.

They won the first battle against the Alvarez Empire and now, with the aid of the allies, Fairy Tail begins their counter-attack to get back Bosco and Hargeon's Port. Gray and Juvia are assigned with other members of the guild to help Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heels to take back the Port from the enemy.

"Ah...it's been a while since I have last seen Lyon..."

"Juvia doesn't want to see him, though..."

They come to port, just in time to face a massive number of enemies advancing. Lyon and his team are having a hard time as they are outnumbered and their magic is lessened as time goes on.

"This is unbelievable..." Lamia Scale's ice mage pants "If this keeps on going..."

"LYON!"

Two figures dashing through him as Lyon blinks, surprised to see his friend and crush moving toward and fight the enemy.

"Gray! Juvia! What are you guys doing here?"

Another wave of attack from Erza, who is still injured, sending the soldiers away. The red-haired woman smile at Kagura and asks the swordswoman to follow her to the port. Simon's sister is thrilled with excitement at the thought of fighting side by side with her senior.