CHAPTER 14(a)

"Ro..."

"Don't underestimate the worth of a slave. Nobody can live that life...even for fun don't say...you will be my slave because I am Salim and am going to save Mehu-ru-nissa and not Anarkali. Though my love for you cannot be defined in any terms, my loyalty is with Kiran. On certain occasions, loyalty overrides love and it's sad. Jacob don't..."

"Rosa...I didn't know you value history so much, am sorry to say...but I don't have any idea about the story of Anarkali and Salim. Who are they?"

"You don't know their story?"

"Kiran will come for you very soon, go to your room, Ro..."

I kissed him on his lips trying to gather as much as his flavour for boosting my energy. He looked amused for a second, but he led the track within seconds. When we were out of breath, my stomach grumbled, reminding me of my need for food.

"Jacob! I am hungry," I rubbed my stomach.

He blinked his eyes twice and a small smirk labelled on his pretty face. "Me too!" he replied, chewing his lower lip.

"Get up! Let's cook, my coffee donor would come soon to the kitchen," I said and a few minutes later Jacob and I were standing in the Kitchen preparing the ingredients to cook a decent meal.

"What are we going to cook?" I asked Jacob rinsing the meat.

"Italian baked chicken!"

"Huh?"

"I would guide you and it's very simple."

"Jacob!"

"Trust me, you would love it!"

Trusting him, I nodded my head and Jacob did most of the jobs. After thirty minutes Jacob removed the chicken from heat. "Let chicken breasts rest for 5 to 10 minutes or so before serving," he said and arranged three plates on the dining table.

The minute everything was set on the table, Kiran stood in front of me examining me from top to bottom. "You were cooking?" asked Kiran with a disappointed look.

"I helped him, that's all."

"I didn't know you have so much energy in helping Jacob," said Kiran with a long sigh. "I waited for you Rose!" said Kiran in a mocking tone.

"How about let's eat first?" I reasoned.

"Eat?"

"You can have, and... I am not hungry. Enjoy your meal with Jacob, I will be in our room," said Kiran and walked away leaving me alone with Jacob.

I watched Kiran standing in the same spot. I didn't try to stop Kiran because I don't want to cause a scene in front of Jacob. "Jacob! Am tired and I would like to rest. Enjoy the chicken," I said and walked towards our room not waiting for Jacob.

"Rosa...wait..."

I didn't even turn my head to his soothing voice and marched in the direction of my coffee donor. I went near Kiran fidgeting my fingers, as I went closer to my darling an odd feeling vibrated inside me.

Before I could spill a word, "Do you know that we are already married? I think it's my first time encountering you with another man...and what were you doing standing close to...I don't know what to say..."

"Kira..."

"Rose! Come, take a seat. Let's talk!" said Kiran, studying me.

I saw Kiran deeply searching my face for any sign of guilt. "I think we should leave this place very soon...so that you can control your..."

"Kiran...It's...only you!" I lied. The problem here is I don't understand the question of Kiran because if Kiran had even the slightest amount of doubt on me, I would be sitting on the flight right now, but that didn't happen...

Kiran smiles charmingly at me the very next second allowing me to breathe, "I have finally found my soulmate and you are wasting our time. Rose! Are you scared? I was just making fun of you." said Kiran, walking towards me with a glass of wine.

"I love you so much," I said and leaned forward to kiss my troublemaker.

"How about having a taste, it would relax your muscles," added Kiran, turning on the TV. We both took our seats on the couch leaning on each other. "Italian wines taste much better than any other wines!" said Kiran, taking a sip from the glass.

"Kiran! Why are you drinking now?" I asked fixing my eyes on the romantic comedy played on the television.

"Rose! You are special!" said Kiran falling back down on my lap. "That's why I like to wait for you."

"How sweet!" I added.

"I'm trying at least, but what about you?" said Kiran sarcastically. "Understand we are meant to be together."

To be together?

"I wanted to stay with you for all the minutes in the world. Sometimes it frustrates me to think that way. To make a relationship work, we need both emotional and sexual urges. Even if one falls apart, another one loses its value, at least in 90% of the cases. Rose! Tell me, where have I gone wrong?"

"Kiran!" I snapped and clenched my fist to control my outburst.

"Rose! You have to tell me when you can't take it anymore...and..."

"If so, will you let me g..."

"I want you Rose and in many specific ways, don't think about breaking our thread. I might end up hurting you."

"You won't! But trust me, I will last longer.'' Since when did I start joking around Kiran. Ahh...this was bad!

"Kiran!" I combed my coffee donor's hair gently using my finger, "Stop drinking!"

"It's...just a glass...Rose."

"May I ask you something?" I questioned pinching the skin between my brows. I don't even know why I am trying to bring this topic at the present moment.

"Go ahead!" said Kiran, rolling the empty glass on the floor.

"Do you know the story of...Salim and Anarkali?"

I observed Kiran's face for any change in facial emotions yet Kiran was good at maintaining expressions. "What are you going to do if I say Yes?" Kiran diverted the question against me.

"What...would huh... I do..." I stammered and stopped combing.

"Continue Rose!" I couldn't understand Kiran. What should I continue now, the story or...

"Continue with your fingers...it's good..." said Kiran.

So, it's not about the story huh? Kiran is straightforward and not a sly animal like me.

"What do you think about them?" I asked Kiran continuing my job as a perfect partner.

"Let me put it this way, Rose. Why do you give so much importance to things that are not useful at the present moment? Anarkali and Salim is just a story, a tragic love story of two lovers and..."

"You don't feel sad for them?"

"Rose! Are you alright? What's wrong with you...talking bullshit every single time. Do you know why you were a loner all your life without any circle unlike me? This is it! The way you talk! Nobody can bear your bullshit talk. Please focus on what is important and don't..." Kiran took a long breath and stood from the lying position.

My heart ached again. This time it's for Anarkali and Kiran and I didn't feel good about my sentiments. What would happen if I choose Jacob? But that's not going to happen because I am not choosing him.