CHAPTER 12(a)

"Okay!" I said trying to mask my happiness.

"Can I get you guys anything else," asked Jacob as he placed our meals and drinks on the table.

It's dinner time and Kiran has bought some strong liquor for us to enjoy the night. I know Kiran more than anyone and I am 110% sure Kiran would fall asleep after one shot. So the remaining night...is left for me and Jacob. I looked at Jacob and blushed hard but he couldn't understand the reason for my happiness.

"Food comes first, Rose," said my trouble maker, placing everything in my plate. I gladly accepted Kiran's kindness like a perfect soulmate.

After we finished our food, Kiran poured a glass and gave it to Jacob.

"Mr Jacob, we hope our stay is not making you feel uncomfortable?" said Kiran, pouring another glass of liquor.

"If I say..." Jacob saw my expression and didn't finish the sentence. "Its so...strong!" he said taking a sip from the glass.

"Ohh...really? Actually, I got it in the nearby market," answered Kiran.

"Why...are you not pouring another glass," asked Jacob.

"Another glass?" Kiran was confused.

"A glass to your..."

"Oh! Rose doesn't drink!" answered Kiran bluntly to Jacob and he gave a sadistic smile towards Kiran and turned to me with a serious look.

Kiran couldn't even finish the shot and was standing on the table trying to catch the stars in the sky. It was around 8:00 pm, we were sitting on the lawn in a circle having our dinner.

"Oh my! Your idiot is a sight for sore eyes. Why did you marry..."

"Jacob! That's enough!" I said, taking an apple slice.

Kiran was still standing at the dinner table. Half of the plates were lying on the ground because of my trouble maker.

"I am going to catch these stars for...for...my wonderful Rose..." shouted Kiran.

"Don't worry! As you can see, there are no neighbours to file a nuisance complaint against us," assured Jacob looking at my worried filled eyes.

"Roseeee..."

"Tell me, honey," I said, my eyes on the apples on the table.

Suddenly Kiran took a seat on the table in front of me dangling both legs on the side of my chair. I was sitting in the chair opposite Jacob. Now Jacob couldn't see me but he could hear us talk. Kiran used to have good sleep after a shot. This is the first time I am watching Kiran behaving like a drunkard.

"Why are you avoiding me? Asked Kiran sternly.

I gulped but I know both of them are waiting for my answer.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as if I didn't know what Kiran was talking about.

"Why don't you want me to touch you?" asked Kiran softly this time cupping my face. Kiran looked deeply into my eyes waiting for my answer. Not getting any reply from me, Kiran continued.

Who would know, a drunkard can talk very clearly and fluently. Oh god, kill me now. Why am I getting so agitated by these questions...

"Am going to tell you a story!" said Kiran in a single breath.

"Story?" I asked hiding my nervousness because a person with alcohol speaks the truth, and that's what I heard from many people. But I haven't witnessed Kiran, this was the first time I am listening to Kiran's voice with alcohol playing drama inside the head of my sweetheart. But despite all that...It's a round table conference between a husband, wife and the secret lover.