CHAPTER 11(a)

So the populace has its own unrest in this world like me. Jacob must be very lonely, he misses his dad. In my unbroken life, just because I am Rose, everyone bargained me to stay as rose and I lingered as the flower, but humans wanted more and never once I complained about my frustration and loneliness because that's the way I am. I am excellent at hiding myself inside me. Some say I am the right one for the chatter-box Kiran, my mom thinks rose suits me well since I resemble the soft petals. Everyone has a theory describing a person the way they know. Every man and woman has many shades inside them, some shades are known to the outer world, whereas the true shade always finds its way inside their own compartment. Jacob and I have many things in common, we both are left out in this world. He not once complained since he believed and I have not once complained since I did not believe. Someone dictates the life for you and you follow it, one day when you turn and look at the paths you have crossed, you will not find yourself in the mirror, it will be filled with reflections of sorrows and regrets.

"Go to your room Rosa..." said Jacob softly pulling me along with him.

"Why?" I asked the most idiotic question.

"Rosa! Before I lock you here, try to escape the beast," he said pushing me outside his room.

"Have you forgotten Kiran all along?" he asked and I wriggled my fingers feeling ashamed.

Did he really have to hit my soft spot by mentioning Kiran? I know okay! You don't have to remember me every single time.

"Rosa! Go and have some sleep. Your idiot has planned a lot of activities for you, so...have some rest before you go out with Kiran," said Jacob and I walked to my room in silence praying Kiran shouldn't have woken up yet.

Like a thief I entered inside our room, my coffee donator was sleeping in serenity. I gently touched the innocent's feet removing the comforter. It was cold and a small tear fell from my eyes moistening my sweetheart's feet, I gently wiped it. My vision was good, thanks to Jacob's friend. After a thorough debate, I took my spot next to Kiran and closed my eyes keeping all my guilt for the coming morning.

"Wake up! Wake up!" shouted Kiran, pulling the quilt from my body in the next morning. Oh my god! This sleep is depriving me at the wrong time, I couldn't open my eyelids. Early morning scenes flushed through the back of my brain.

"What's the time dear?" I asked, yawning loudly.

"Didn't you sleep well last night?" questioned Kiran brushing my hair from my face.

"Sleep...It was...one good..."

"Enough baby. You are dragging too much for a simple question. Now get ready! We are leaving in half an hour."

"Half an hour?"

"Rose! Don't you want to..."

"Okay! Okay, am going! Give me fifteen minutes Kiran," I said and walked to the direction of the bathroom. Entering in, I discarded my clothes and saw myself in the mirror. I was standing fully naked and a small smile spread across my lips visualizing Jacob and me. I am smiling! Really? Is that how I look if I am happy? I asked to the mirror.

Kiran and I wore our couple t-shirt and jeans. "This is perfect! Your taste is always good my sweet Rose," said Kiran tying my shoelace.

"You know I can do that Kiran. Now stand up!" I ordered.

"I like to do it!" said Kiran in a threatening manner.

"I am not a child, I can take care of myself," I said, feeling frustrated. "Am going to give you one last chance Kiran, better treat me like an adult or..."

"Or?" The knot was perfectly done by Kiran and we were ready for another fight. "If I want to treat you like an adult, I can! But will you behave like a married adult? Can you do that for me, Rose?"

"Don't go there Kiran, it's not..."

"Well, Have you at least once considered my feelings? At Least once?" shouted Kiran.

"I...I have..."

"Yes! You have...but that's not what I want in this relationship, I want more than that and you very well know what I am talking about," said Kiran.

We were standing close to each other throwing our oral fights on each other's face. "How could you accuse me every single time? Am I at fault Rose?"

"Kiran..."

"Please don't destroy my wonderful morning Kiran! At Least let's enjoy the daylight if not..."

"Come, let's go!" I took Kiran's hand not allowing Kiran to finish the sentence.

Kiran stilled for a second. "I am going to come with you now, but remember soon I will demand more Rose."

Demand?

We reached the ground floor and Kiran waited in the lounge ignoring me. "What are you doing? Aren't we leaving to..."

"Am waiting for Jacob!" said Kiran, scrolling the mobile, not turning at my direction.

Jacob! "Please Kiran, don't do this," I said politely.

"I have bought some sexy lingerie for our smutty night, you better be prepared! Don't tell me you are not ready. I can't wait for you more than this," said Kiran, studying my face.

"You did?" I swallowed.

"Forced sex!" we heard a third voice and we both turned our direction to the stairs. Jacob was taking the steps like a cat, it was very slow and off.

"Are you doing a catwalk? please stop it! Looks like something else," said Kiran hiding the boiling anger, but I could easily identify the change in the tone.

"At least I do something which doesn't involve forcing other humans," he said ignoring the death trap on his way.

Kiran's eyes said it all. "Ohh...but didn't you know that we are a married couple and we are here to enjoy our honeymoon and...most importantly..."

"Kiran...let's..." I started.

"Its called marital rape!" said Jacob standing face to face with Kiran.

"Jacob!" smiled Kiran after a couple of seconds. "Actually we have arranged a tour guide for us to enjoy here. We don't want to disturb you from your work, isn't it sweetheart?" Asked Kiran turning my direction.

Kiran would never compromise with Jacob and I know it very well. Only thing I have to do right now is to take Kiran from here.

"Yes!" I said looking at the floor.

How could I? This man supported me and instantly I jumped to Kiran's side without further delay. This proves my ethics, but more than creed I want Kiran to be happy. What Jacob said was true in the eyes of the general public. To outsiders, it may be marital rape, but to me, I can't explain it, since most of the things happen with my concern. Never have I ever used a strong 'No' to Kiran. So whose fault it is, if my coffee donator gets accused in the eyes of a common man. Maybe I didn't enjoy most things in my love life, but despite all that, numerous times I have kissed Kiran though I didn't feel anything for my sweetheart. Now who can explain this and who should hold accountable to all this? If Kiran is at fault, then I have done more misdeed than my trouble maker. So...I can't completely support you, Jacob! Am sorry!

"That's great!" said Jacob in his usual tone without any kind of anger.

Now I am guilty of taking Kiran's stand. This is the problem with the humans, they would voluntarily act nice to make us feel worse.

"Come on honey, let's leave," said Rose pulling me towards the door. I walked along with Kiran and turned to see Jacob. He was standing on the same spot, "Don't worry! You are safe," his lips turned to a curvy smile saying this.

How could I understand him? Am I a lip reader? I asked myself. The whole day Kiran and I roamed randomly in the local area since we didn't have a proper guide with us.