CHAPTER 9

It's June 01, 2018. Kiran and I got married last month in the register office with family and friends. Currently, we are a married couple and Kiran was so happy, I could even witness the smile of Kiran's in every nook and corner of the house. As our marriage gift, our parents gave us a private house two blocks away from Kiran's house and we moved immediately there along with our belongings. Kiran was the one who peterested me to move as soon as possible and I granted it by moving with only one luggage. All my things were in my parent's house and Kiran bought an entire set of new things. Our nest is a comfortable and luxurious home surrounded by thick green. The house is in perfect condition with everything completely updated. The main living area is on the ground level. We have a spacious living-dining-kitchen area, office, covered porch, spacious deck with open and covered spaces, separate grilling deck, master bedroom with en-suite bath, mudroom and a single garage. All major rooms enjoy panoramic verdant views, uninterrupted by roads, wires, or other homes. The house is extremely private. However, it is easily accessible with wide paved roads leading directly to the house. Though Kiran didn't do designing properly in the college, our house was well designed by my coffee donor. That's the passion of selfishness. Well, I should appreciate the talented designer in my house. Our bedroom is neatly carved on all hands. The soft black and red mattress were chosen by none other than the owner of the house. I know what symbolizes Red and black, but I let it go without enquiring the details.

Kiran had even appointed a gardener to maintain our garden.

So much for a newly wedded couple mumbled, my wit.

I unlatched our bedroom and stood in the entrance watching the inside view. The bed was placed at the centre of the room, alongside the bed, stands the wooden nightstand. The proud make-up table was well-organised with stuffed animals, make-up/hair products, perfumes, nail polish, bracelets, bangles, earrings... and it stood parallel to the window. A large picture frame was hung on the wall and my mood got a little bit homely noticing the portrayal. I channelled my eyes to the ring in my finger.

"How long?"

"How long?" I questioned not taking my eyes from the finger.

"How long are you planning to block my path. Either get in or leave me to get in," said Kiran standing behind me.

I entered inside with Kiran trailing behind me. I took a seat in the chair in front of the computer.

"Not a clever move," said Kiran eyeing me through the mirror.

"That's my perfume!" I said not taking my eyes from the home screen of the computer.

"I thought maybe today we could have some fun?" said Kiran emptying the entire content spraying inside the room.

The room was filled with heavy close-packed mint perfume and it felt difficult to breathe for a second. "I will throw you out of the room, if..."

"If?"

"If you don't behave Kiran!" I said getting ready for the bed.

Kiran ignored my threat and entered the bathroom. Relief washed over me and I went to the bed and covered myself with the soft blanket. The last couple of countless nights replayed through my mind. I can't stop how much I ever try, sleep evaded me, but I didn't open my eyes, not willing to see the corrupted glamorous room. After a few minutes, I heard a click sound and then rustling of sheets and the room turned pitch black. Not able to handle the silence, I turned and hugged Kiran who was lying next to me. I could feel the water droplets near the chin of my coffee donor. We lied silently and I could hear the tik-tik sound of the wall clock.

"I am tired, and am going to go back to..." said Kiran, stopping my hand movements facing me. We lied face to face on our side with no pillow in the middle. Initially, I would stuff a pillow between us and it's been a week the pillow is having its steady sleep in the ragged bin. Thanks to Kiran!