Suddenly, I feel like crying.

I tugged the thin sheets over my arms until it reached my nose and adjusted my body to the side, despite the jolt of pain in my shoulder, stomach and leg. It didn't matter, it was pitiful that I felt distraught over something like this.

"Sakura." I mumbled.

"Yeah, Dawn." Sakura hummed.

"Can I be alone?" I asked.

"Oh." She said in surprise, before recovering. "Yeah, sure. I shouldn't have been talking non-stop when you need the rest. I hope you get better soon, I'll visit you again tomorrow with Naruto." I focused on the sound of her footsteps fading away as the door shut.

Silence fell in the room.

It was mid-afternoon, the sun covered half the bed in a orange light and the rest in a still shade, though it wasn't dark enough that I couldn't see anything. The warmth left me with a dull ache in my heart, it wasn't like me to constantly wallow in self-pity, training was my coping mechanism and ignoring the world seemed to have helped until I realised that I enjoyed the company of others. Loneliness wasn't a nice thing to endure other than times like this, where I wanted to be alone. Where I wanted to cry my heart out for no apparent reason.

Or maybe I did have a reason, or many reasons, but no amount of crying could ever fill the hole in my chest unlike the times I spent with the people that made me happy. Konoha made me happy, my teammates and my friends made me happy, Kakashi and Kei made me happy, so why was it that I didn't feel like it was enough?

Sora Fujioka.

I jolted as soon as the name appeared in my mind. It all fell upon me in an instant; the fight, Yin's taunting, the different version of myself existing in my head, the power I had, the greed I felt, the monster I became, the eyes watching me turn into the true monster I was. My body began to shake like a leaf, a tear gliding across the bridge of my nose and onto the pillow case, before the rest came tumbling down that I had to smother my mouth with my hand to conceal my pained sobs.

"Dawn." A faint knock was heard on the door. "Can I come in?" It was Kei.

Stop crying, stop crying- just stop crying.

I didn't want her to come in, I wanted to be alone.

No you don't.

The sound of the door opening made my heart pound faster and my tears fall quicker. Instantly, I gave the sheet another harsh tug and covered my face, my body curling into a ball. I hate myself. I hate myself so much. I felt so embarrassed, so ashamed of my past.

"Dawn?" Kei questioned in confusion.

She can't see me like this. I wanted to tell her to leave but I didn't trust my voice. That was when I accidentally let out a whimper.

"Hey," the weight of the bed lowered as I felt the presence of her body besides me. I tightened my grip on the sheet. "What's wrong?" Her hand touched the sheet, attempting to tug it away.

"Go." I gritted, sniffling. "Please leave."

"I can't do that." Kei said softly. "Not when you're upset."