"I can control and decide things for you, it's my duty to do act as I see fit. I'm an Alpha, Valerie and you are my mate, you need to realise what that well and truly means," Alaric's words hit me right in my chest, goosebumps spread across my body and my heartbeat even sped up. His words were sincere and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I looked away from my mate, whilst he loosened his grip and turned away to get out of our bed. He didn't say another word to me, as he entered the bathroom and closed the door with a firm shut.

I stared at the bathroom door for an extra minute, feeling that I had been behaving unreasonably. I had my own views and opinions, but so did Alaric.

With a sigh, I staggered out of bed, feeling a weight on my chest. I breathed in heavily, pushing the weight to the back of my mind. Alaric was soon out of the bathroom and went straight into the walk-in closet area, he didn't even spare me one look. It was clear he was still annoyed and didn't feel the need to say anything else.

My morning routine felt slow as washed my face and brushed my teeth. My hair was in a mess of tangles, as usual, I wrestled with my hairbrush to tame the curls, into something presentable. I settled for a low ponytail, leaving a few tendrils of hair to frame my face. I applied a little amount of makeup, concealing my under eyes and swiping on a few strokes of mascara over my lashes.

When I got to the walk-in wardrobe, Alaric was fully dressed and once again he didn't spare me a look. It was as if he couldn't wait to get away from me, as he swiftly walked past and left me standing alone. I quickly followed him, back into the bedroom.

"Alaric," I called after him just as he was about to exit the room. He stopped in mid-track and turned to face me.

"Yes, Valerie?" He said with a slight bitterness. I winced at his tone, not expecting the hostility. His brown eyes were dark, as he stared at me expectingly.

I breathed in heavily and took a step forward, in some meek attempt to close the distance between us.

"I'm sorry."

Alaric's face didn't falter, he didn't even react to my words.

I took another step forward. "I know that you're only looking out for me, I shouldn't have argued with you."

Alaric didn't say a word, he was listening to me but yet he still hadn't shown emotion.

"Being with you, I don't feel trapped; I can have my own opinions, you at least let me voice them... but you don't agree with them," I breathed in deeply and looked down at the floor."I should just be happy that you even listen and tolerate my views-"

I gasped and jumped slightly, as soon as I felt Alaric standing in front of me. Our eyes locked, the warmness of Alaric's brown eyes made me feel all fuzzy inside, but yet there was a sharpness to his expression. He sighed heavily and entwined our hands together.

"If you know I'm looking out for you, then why do you not listen?" Alaric questioned.

"Because I don't like that you may be right, even when it's something I don't agree with," I answered softly.

Alaric shook his head, a small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. "You are very stubborn little mate, you need to control it."

"Does that mean I'm forgiven?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Yes, it does."

Half an hour later, Alaric and I strolled into the Pack Office, it was still early in the morning but yet it seemed like we were late. It still amazed me how the Pack Office could look so busy at seven-thirty in the morning.