Juicy Little Hearts

Hope's POV:

I find myself driving into town, my destination: a quaint little bar, that Alaric has probably gotten wasted at one too many times. I kick the doors in to find Landon trying to string the bow and aim an arrow at the cherub. I then notice that from his mouth, drips blood, tons of it, Wade on the floor, an arrow in his chest. Landon cuts the air, thick with tension, "H-Hope! I-I was... uh-" "Trying to help? Stop. Just stop trying ok?" I take one look at the quiver, immediately getting an idea to get the monster down. Within seconds the arrows are all up, facing the supposed cherub, before all running through his thoracic cavity. I give Landon one look, filled with anger and pain, before making my way for the door. "H-Hope- I- wait!" He grabs my arm, the instant it happens, I recoil, "No. We'll talk later. I'm done. I need to focus on bringing Josie, Lizzie and Alaric home." With that, I storm out, making my way to the car.

Josie's POV:

"Information, for information. Now... what are you doing here?" I gulp, fiddling with the strap of the backpack on my shoulder. "A-a Mora Miserium?" He looks me dead in the face, throwing his little mini bar bottle on the floor. "Sandclock?" He deadpans, "Oh I know how this goes. Let me see... it degraded and you just decided to drop it over here, without a thought for my safety? How cute, niece." I sigh, "Look I tried to create a new world, but a witch tricked us, we ended up getting pulled into this one instead." I am really fidgeting now, knowing I slipped up majorly. "And, who is we?" He leans forward, certainly curious. I stutter, thinking of my next words very carefully. "I a-answered your question, now you'll answer mine. Now, why is Jade here?" I look to him, searching for any good in him, awaiting his reply. "Yeah... I'm not the one you should be asking." He perks up a moment, as if he heard something, and with a flash, he's gone, I running after him. Is that how well vampires hear? Oh god, if that's true- Rebekah.... haha. Oh god she heard everything that might've been going on whilst I was in New Orleans with Hope. God, I have to remember that for next time... if there is one. I may need to default to plan B, seeing as the last resort, if the Mora Miserium is still intact. I pray it isn't the case, though, with my luck, it will be. I continue to chase, running into a room, and my father, a crumpled boy on the ground, a  heart in Kai's hand. Dad drops his crossbow, pulling me close immediately. "Awww such a cute little family get together. Is Laurie here too?" I roll my eyes, mumbling, "Lizzie." Dad stepped forward, and in a blink of an eye, Kai was shot quickly, dad dropping the crossbow, a quick, 'toodles' uttered before he fell to the ground. "Why were you with him, Josie?" Dad snaps immediately, evidently furious. "He could've killed you! He's a liar, pathological. Don't believe a word he has spoken. " He got up in my space, and I prodded him with the question irking me, "Was he lying about you having sent student down here as a punishment? Was that Diego? I saw Jade earlier, and she looked fucked." I point at the boy crumpled behind my father, furious. I wanted to know the truth. He looked defeated, "I told you we all make mistakes." I shoot him a glare, "As much as I wish I was willing to let this go, this isn't just a tiny oopsie. You fucked up, Dad! They have been down here for how long? It's probably driven them mad." He takes a machete from Diego, "Well, don't worry, I don't plan on making the same mistake twice." He raises it above his head, slashing away at Diego, while I cover my eyes, trying to get him to stop, but my screams falling on deaf ears.

Hope's POV:

Once I make my way back to the school, I make my way to the room, half expecting either Alyssa to be there, with Mg, handing over the key to getting Josie back, but instead, I find Mg, kneeling, picking up the pieces to a ruined ascendant. I drop to my knees scrambling, my breathing heavy. "W-What happened?" Mg looks into my eyes, helping, "I-I tried to stick to the plan, Hope, but it made me extremely uneasy. I don't like leading people on, a person, no less, who is constantly cruel to others. Look, it wasn't you making out with her. It took so much for me to continue onwards. I didn't want to manipulate anyone today, or any day for that matter. Look, I get this is why you work alone, but I can't be blamed for this, ok? She's obsessed. Like, I'll murder your entire family and spill the blood of a thousand cute little bunnies to be with you, obsessed." I wince, thinking back to the arrow. "I-I'm sorry. I picked the strongest one in hopes it would help us in finding a solution to bring- to bring-" I stop, the words caught in my throat. "I can see you love her. I'm not stupid. Look, we both made mistakes, but I really have to go. I told Alyssa I'm into Kim..." "Go! Now! I'll take care of this. I'm so sorry Mg." I sniffle,  wiping a tear as he speeds off.

Josie's POV:

I decide to deal with Dad, seeing as he isn't going to stop, bringing myself to enough courage to knock him out, dragging his body to a chair, and chaining him up. It's time for a family meeting.