A Storm is Brewing (part II)

Josie's POV:

I wake up to the sound of crackling in the middle of the night, looking towards the sound, facing the sandclock, cracks now lined the surface, jagged, and threatening to let it burst open. I wake Lizzie, shaking her lightly, pleading for her to get up, that it's an emergency, to which she groans to groggily, before mumbling, "You need to tell dad." I throw a pillow at her face to wake her up before rushing out of the room in my pjs and a robe. As soon as I open the door, I see a sleeping Hope, curled up in front, in a small blanket. I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, not trying to wake her up, then I run off to go find Dad. Within moments of seeing it, and getting the brief explanation, he gets on the phone with Emma, telling me to get the rest that I can for now, and to leave the sandclock in his care. 

In the morning, it's back to the frantic rush. I wake up, pulling on the first thing I can find, quickly doing my hair and putting shoes on. I race out the door before Lizzie, getting a quick bite before Coven Day begins. 

Hope's POV:

After training with Landon, I hop right into the shower, before making my way to the room to get ready for the whirlwind of events prepared for the witches for Coven Day. I open the door to find the room to myself, finally, peaceful. I go to where my clothes hang nicely, to find that quite a few outfits are missing. I am going to kill this bitch. Fuck her. I text Freya letting her know I have a little pest problem, and that someone's been stealing my clothes. I put the phone down, getting ready to start the day, and to try and mend the relationship with Landon, so we might stay friends, if possible. The training doesn't mean much, I think? It's just training, not a confirmation that we can work through the whole breaking up and still be friends. I think what has opened my eyes a little in all of this is how much I tolerated him when we were dating. I never took into account that I did just that. Tolerate. My phone buzzes from the bedside and I pick it up, a text from Freya screaming about hexing a bitch. I told her to calm down, and that I'd handle her, I just felt that I should talk to her more often, because I felt like I had been lacking in communication with family. I make my way to the door, seeing Jed. "What do you want, Jed?" I snarl, ready to push past him. "Look, I'm sorry about last  night. I saw you sleeping on the ground outside. I don't know why I'm attracted to Alyssa, but I just find her so- hot. I promise it won't happen again." With that he nods, skittering down the corridor. 

I make my way to where Coven Day is held, chewing on a granola bar, looking around. I go up to a girl, "Hey, have you seen Alyssa Chang?" She looks at me eyes wide, realising I was speaking to her, sputtering "Uh, no, not today!" Just as I get a response, Alyssa bursts through the doors, Miss Selfish Bitch McBitch face, Emma thanking her for joining us all. To be honest I kind of completely zoned Emma out for a hot minute, Alyssa replying, "Sorry... just REALLY didn't want to be here." She flashed me a grin, clearly malevolent. I want to kick her ass.