Dear Diary

Hope's POV

Dear diary or whatever the fuck this is,

I love her. I know it isn't right, because I am with Landon, but I love her. She makes me feel warm inside. She makes me feel good, and happy, like I don't have to push her away. Josette Saltzman has my heart. I have a crush. Ugh, I haven't had one since Roman, and I don't know what to do. I realized this when I was 14, but now the feeling is coming back. I don't know what to do. 

~Hope Andrea Mikaelson 

After Lizzie's bad loss of control last night, I retired to my room, flipping through books not only about the merge, but the thing called Malivore as well. As far as I can tell, Landon is connected to it, and actually, there's a possibility he is the pit's son. It wouldn't be the first wildly impossible thing to occur, I mean hey, look at me. As I continue to look into it I realize something. Malivore being here and regurgitating monsters isn't particularly normal, but neither am I. So maybe, if I were to end the pit's terror by going in, it could be my only shot at closing it for good. The only problematic aspect is that I will be erased from everyone's memories. Actually, that isn't really such a bad thing. Everyone will be safe. Malivore won't rise, as long as I do what I am made to do. I pin pointed Malivore to Fort Valley, Georgia. 

I didn't need to pack a bag or anything special, but I wrote a letter to Alaric, then scribbled a goodbye to Josie in my diary, using one of Penelope's pens so she would be able to see it, possibly even after I escaped her mind. I let a tear drop, wiping it. I hold a locket in my hands that I was going to give Jo, breathing in raggedly, clipping it around my neck. I was going to give it to her eventually. But if I do it now she will know something was off. Once I had finished writing, I slip the letter under Alaric's door and I burst out the door, ready for Malivore.

Dear diary,

Hey  Jos. It's me. Hope. I know you'll probably read this. I count on it. I'm going to do something, you will not forgive me, but you will forget me. I will find my way back to you. I promise. Please don't get into trouble, and take care of yourself, ok? Remember that taking care of yourself isn't selfish, and don't let Lizzie drag you down cutie. I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶. I'll miss you Jos.