狂った(Kurutta)

Josie's POV: 

After making my way back to school, I had run into Dr. Vardemus who had seen the effect the magic I used on Ethan had on me. He told me I would heal soon enough, and that it wasn't bad that I had necessarily used dark magic. I didn't like the fact I was using it, but he wished for me to do so, so I did. I went to the gate, with a plan of just sitting there and mulling over my feelings. Within about 30 minutes, a man shows up at the gate, speaking rapid fire japanese. The first thing I grasped was Kurutta, his name, Crazed, or Crazed Lunatic. He filled me in on the Oni that lurked, possessing people the puppet of the Oni touched. Minutes later I get a call from Landon, saying he is headed to the school. The school would be a good place for an Oni to hide... 

*jump to Hope, Alaric, and Josie in the car* 

And now we're here. Trapped in the car, on our way to the school, even though dad had originally not planned on going there, instead wanting to go talk to Kurutta. We make our way to the school and split up, Dad going to do his fellow headmaster duties, while being on look out, Hope would go help look for the Oni one way, and I would wait outside if it decides to come out. Hope won't talk to me, which I understand. I wasn't exactly speaking to her about what was going on in my head and why I felt the need to leave like that. I wait outside for the Oni, but the only thing I come face to face to is Kurutta, who somehow followed us here. 

Hope's POV

I go inside scouting about, catching a glimpse of Landon and Raf. All of a sudden something seems off, and a bulky dude goes past me. I hear growling and immediately spring into action. Landon goes to find Alaric, as I cast a sleeping spell on Rafael. I bring him outside, opening the boot of the car, putting him in it. He is quite restless, and it becomes increasingly difficult to keep him at ease. Alaric and Landon show up, then as do Josie and a samurai looking guy. He speaks but I don't understand a word. Josie translates, "This is Kurutta, and he's here to protect the bonzai headed boy." She mumbles something to Kurutta to which he grunts back a response in return. His eyes are on me, for a moment, before returning to Landon. She acts like she hates me again, "Just because she's supernatural doesn't mean she needs to be here." She huffs, putting on a show for Landon. She starts to explain Kurutta's story. "Dropped on his head as a baby... summitized school to learn discipline... he learned to slay Oni- demons, which is what we're chasing... he was a hero- all the women begged to-HEY! HEY! YAMETE! YAMETE! I don't even know that word but it cannot be relevant." "Get to the point." Hope and dad both say at the same time. I glare at Hope. "Kurutta spent months tracking down an Oni that possessed people. Moving from person to person, by touch. He was just about to kill it when it found its way into the body of a child, and escaped him yet again.... He gave chase and caught the demon, but he could not bring himself to harm an innocent child, so instead he made an impossible choice, and took the Oni into himself. It was then he realized, unlike everyone else who had been possessed, and remembered nothing, he was still partly in control of his faculties. He thinks the Oni found it harder to possess his broken mind. H-his words, not mine.... he tried to stab himself with his sword, and the Oni wouldn't let him. So he decided to never touch a person again, so that it would never be able to possess anyone else. And then Malivore, eternity of nothingness, deep psychological torment-" I remember it clear as day, sharing a look with Kurutta, trying to tell him I understand. I look at Alaric, letting a tear slip unnoticed, brushing it away quickly. "He came through a portal... if we can just find the Oni-" "Not a problem!" I squeak, as the boot of the car is kicked out, and Raf jumps out, possessed by the demon. Kurutta tries to fight Raf, while I keep his sword suspended as to not have him kill Rafael, and is thrown against a bus, before Raf runs off. Josie and I share a look, but then she's back to looking stone cold. 

Later we find Raf, thanks to Maya's mother, in the locker rooms, a little disgruntled. Josie was gone with Landon, no doubt to do more than just find the Oni, but who knows at this point.