I barge out the door, only making it  when the ground shakes and a bunch of debris fall near me.

"Holy shit!"

I step back in time before a huge because of concrete hits my feet, my entrance blocked my debris.

Jayden and Gabriel come running.

"Lucas! You okay?"

"What was that?", I ask.

Jayden runs around. "They just blew up the hallway connecting to our training equipments. They won't find anything but we need to go in lockdown immediately. They exploded too many that debris can fall anytime."

Jayden looks at us dead in the eye. "We are now initiating Protocol C."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Saturday
11:45pm

Jasmine, Gabriel and I were now partners. We enter the rooms hidden by the blueprints, taping the walls with bulletproof tape so that this room can't be destructed.

Plan C was our final step in our plan. All of us were going to go silent. So silent that H.E.X.A would have to come to us and that's when we would finish off this mission.

After the last bit of tape was on, all of us sank to the wall, resting our muscles.

I sigh in relief, downing a cold bottle of water.

No signal.
No radio.
Complete silence.

12:45am.

Gabriel was fast asleep as Jasmine and I stayed up, both our thoughts on our significant others though neither of us had a significant title to it.

Jasmine fiddles with her jacket. "Luc, do you think Joshua's coming? Its been almost two days."

"He will, he's my cousin. And he likes you a lot."

She looks up at me. "He told you?"

"No, but I grew up with him, his goofy smile says it all."

That eases her a little, a small smile forming on her face.

"Natalie is fine. I know she is, shot or not. She's crazy strong and bold minded."

"Of course she is. But I'm still worried, I told her we would see each other next round and we haven't. She's my baby no matter what and I don't even know where she is right now."

"Baby? Finally stopped acting blind, huh?"

I furrow my brows. "What that supposed to mean?"

She laughs. "I mean, you two would be longing for each other and your work would get in the way. We all know you two are endgame."

"She's always been my baby. Mi amor, mi vida. " I swallow. "I'm trying not to worry-"

Footsteps outside the door stop me, as both of us look at each other.

We slowly take our loaded guns, shifting so the door is in front of us.

The steps stop at our room, the smooth granite door blocking us from seeing anything.