Chapter 28: Leaving Alone Again?

"Yo princess! You see the captain anywhere?" Ban asked from across the hall. "Why do you ask?" She answered. "He bailed on us and hasn't come to school for a week. I tried asking the commandments but they still don't like us."

"What do you mean he bailed on you?" She asked confused. "You didn't know? We had plans to have a group hangout where the commandments and the sins hung out and got nicer to each other." He explained. "That sounds nice! I'll ask him about it." She quickly responded.

"Hold on princess. You never answered my first question. Have you seen him?" Ban suspiciously looked at her. "Yeah. I visit him at his house since he can't come to school right now."

"What happened to him?" Ban asked nervously. "Gotta go Ban! Class is starting!" She shouted as she sprinted for her class.

'Did she forget we have the same class?' Ban thought to himself as he walked toward the classroom.

While everyone else was distracted at school, Meliodas saw it as a perfect oppurtunity to go see if his brother really was alive. When he arrived at the location, a blade flew at his head which he narrowly dodged. "Helluva way to say hello." Meliodas joked as he faced the approaching figure.

"I told you not to come until the time was right. Father must be stopped."

"From doing what Zeldris?" The blonde demon asked. "He plans on using you and the goddess to start a holy war. He'll have you killed and blame it on that goddess. We have to act before he does." Zeldris explained.

"Sounds bad. But I'm gonna talk to him about it first. Maybe gowther lied to you just so we would kill father." Meliodas thought out loud.

"Why would gowther lie to me?" Zeldris angrily spat at his brother. "How could you place so much blind trust in gowther but you don't trust your own family? Did gowther ever show evidence, or did he just say shit that sounded believeable?" Meliodas hissed back.

The two brother just glared at each other for a few minutes in silence. "Anyway...when I get better, I'm going back to the demon realm and talking to father about it. Try to interfere and I'll kill you for real this time."

"Hmph." Zeldris grunted as he walked away. Meliodas began to fly home while concealing his energy so Elizabeth wouldn't notice his sudden energy spike.

When he entered his house, the messy house triggered severe head pain.

"Thanks Meliodas. Now we have to kill another goddess." Zeldris mumbled hoping his younger brother wouldn't hear. He quickly noticed that he had when Meliodas began growling. His spiral slowly grew and became an ark that covered his entire forehead. His arms and legs were slowly being swallowed. "You aren't touching her." Meliodas got in a fighting stance until he was suddenly riddled with pain.

"I remember. Me and Liz have known each other since we were kids....the commandments weren't lying. And what the hell happened to my memory in the first place?"

His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar energy coming to his location fast. "Tch. School's already over." Meliodas complained as Elizabeth opened the door and saw him standing up. "I told you to stay still! You're still injured."

"I'm a demon, not a human. I can handle myself...OW DAMNIT! Why the hell would you rip one of the bandages off?" He angrily asked her. "You said you can handle yourself so this much should be easy." She teased while she ripped another off.

"Ouch! Okay Okay! You win!" He desperately shouted as the third bandage came clean off.  "Weird question but why did you let the sins follow you here?" He asked the goddess while she replaced the bandages.

"They were worried about you. And because Ban said you had this idea for the commandments and sins to get along. I thought that was so cute of you!" She squealed before she kissed him on the cheek.

"Aw. Is that all I get? A cheek shot?" He teased. "Of course it is. We don't want our company to be weirded out by our actions would we?" Elizabeth teased back, instantly making the demon's face pink.

"Come on in!" Elizabeth called to the sins, who were surprised that they were noticed. "How long did you-"

"Before you even got here." Meliodas cut them off. "How's it going with the princess captain?" Ban joked. "About as good as you and Elaine. Speaking of which, anyone see Gelda recently?" He asked the group. "Well yes...and no. She used to hang out with us all the time. Then, this new guy, Arthur showed up and Gelda started avoiding us to hangout with him. We found out later that it was a trick to get Zeldris to confess to her but...as you know....he disappeared."

"One more question. How did you guys end up in the same grade as me and Liz? If I remember right, you guys were in the same grade as Zeldris, but he's older than us. Are you guys secretly idiots?" Meliodas asked with a smirk.

"Nah. We decided early that if one of us fail, we all fail. And I'm pretty sure you know who is keeping us back." King answered annoyed. "Are ya really that dense Ban?" Meliodas asked.

"Anyway, let's talk about the sins and the commandments hanging out!" Elizabeth cut in. "Sorry but that's gotta be done later. Gotta go back to the demon realm to talk to my father." Meliodas mumbled with a determined look on his face. "Woah. Rare to see you actually serious. What happened?" Diane curiously asked.

"...." Meliodas sat in silence, as if he heard nothing. "You all need to promise me. Especially you, Liz. No matter how long it takes me to come back, or even if a fight starts and we end up here, none of you are to interfere. Understood?" Meliodas asked with his back turned to the group. "But Melio-"

"Understood?!" He cut them off. "Understood." They all agreed except Elizabeth. Before he could react, Elizabeth tied him up in rope and forced him to face her. "You're not leaving without me." She quietly whispered with sadness in her voice. "I have so many questions right now. One, where the hell did you find rope? Two, do you really think rope could stop me? Three, why would you think I'd put you in danger?" Meliodas asked as he broke the rope while giving Elizabeth a genuine smile as he stood up.

"Sorry but this is something only I can do." Meliodas sadly mumbled as he kissed Elizabeth and made his way back to the demon realm.

'I'll be back soon Liz. And father....I'm coming for you.'