Part 26: Coming Clean

"You guys see Liz today?" Meliodas asked the sins who were standing by their lockers. "Elizabeth? Not today but why are you looking for her?" Merlin asked. "Probably to ask her to keep it a secret that he left so he wouldn't have to fight me." Escanor boasted.

"You're so lucky I promised her not to hurt you. Otherwise, you'd be dead." Meliodas growled. "Yeah yeah yeah edgelord. Why are you looking for the princess?" Ban asked.

"Firstly, don't 'yeah yeah yeah' me. Second, who the hell are you calling an edgelord?" Meliodas snarled at the silver haired sin. "Chill out Meliodas. He's only joking." King jumped in.

"Whatever. I'm looking for her to thank her for last night. I didn't get the chance then." He answered with a slight blush. Everyone just stared at him blankly without making a sound.

"Hm? What's wrong? There something on my face?" The prince asked while touching his face all over to find whatever they were staring at. "You...and Elizabeth? Last night?" Merlin asked dumbfounded. "What about it?" He asked confused.

"Wait guys! This could be a misunderstanding. What did you and the princess do captain?" Diane asked calmly. "She helped relieve me. I told her that I could do it myself but she insisted that she help so I let her. Even though it hurt like hell." Meliodas explained with a slight shiver as he recalled the memory.

"Wait it hurt you? I thought it only....hurt the girl the first time?" King asked innocently. "The first time? I recently got a flashback of my past with Liz. She did seem to be in pain but nothing she couldn't handle. She even bragged that she was a goddess." Meliodas joked as the other sins looked horrified.

"So...that wasn't either of your first times?" Merlin asked angrily. "Huh? Why would you think it was?" He replied as he tilted his head.

Suddenly, Elizabeth came running down the hall. "Hey guys!" She excitedly screamed. As she got closer, she noticed the sins seemed to be suspecting Meliodas of something.

"Hey Liz! I came to thank you for last night!" Meliodas happily stated as he scratched his head. Elizabeth's face was bleached red and steam flew from her ears. "I-Idiot! I said don't talk about it at school!" She shouted embarrassed.

"You did? I probably couldn't hear you over your chameleon noises." He mocked. "The hell's a chameleon noise?!" She shrieked flustered. "I don't know...you tell us." He teased again as he hid behind Ban. "You little-" she started.

"Princess. I didn't know you guys were like that." Ban said with a grin. "Like what?" She asked nervously. "Honestly, I didn't either. I mean, who comes to someone's house at night just to help them heal. Unless...you love that person." Meliodas cooed with a sly grin.

Elizabeth's face turned a deep shade of red. "As if! You were the one blushing everytime I placed my hand on you to heal you!" She shouted as she stuck out her tongue. "You sneaky-"

"Hold on. All she did was heal you at your house last night?" Diane asked. "Yeah? What else would she have done?" Meliodas asked.

"Nothing!" They all replied in unison. Elizabeth gasped and Meliodas had another idea. "You thought we had s-"

"Shut up!" Elizabeth shouted as tried to slap Meliodas. "Too slow Liz!" He joked as dodged her. "But didn't you say that it hurt Liz the first time?" Merlin asked suspiciously. "Yeah. In the memory, we were on a playground and some boys pushed Liz and hurt her. Then she bragged how easy it would be to heal since she's a goddess." He explained. "So you two never-"

"No." He cut her off. "Anyway, thank you for the help Liz...even if I would've healed quicker without your help. But I need to talk to you afterschool. Does meeting at the gym sound alright?" He asked nervously.

"Sure. But it better be important." She said with a pout as the young demon began to leave. "Ok. See you there." He quietly spoke with a light blush. "He's totally confessing!" Diane squealed as she jumped around happily.

"Calm down Diane. I doubt he loves me. And even if he did.....he wouldn't admit it." Elizabeth sadly mumbled. "Why not? It's obvious you feel the same." Ban teased. "Because our races are enemies. Demons and goddesses don't mix. I don't care about that 'rule' but he might." She explained.

"Does Meliodas really seem that shallow to you Elizabeth?" King asked confused. "Of course not. But you guys told me that Meliodas was sent to the demon realm for years to stay with and study under his father. Even if the old Meliodas didn't care about the rule, the new one might." She said with tears forming.

"Don't cry princess! He definitely feels the sane way about you that the old Meliodas did." Diane assured her.

"So?" Meliodas asked the black demon with many faces. "They seem to be questioning your feelings about the goddess."

"I see."

"How do you feel about her?" The demon asked Meliodas. "You'll see Greyroad. But first, we have work to do."

After school, Elizabeth went straight to the gym only to see Meliodas was not there yet. She asked the sins to watch for emotional support in case it wasn't a confession. Her anxiety had gotten to her and she was about to leave just as she heard footsteps coming closer.

"Leaving so soon?" He arrogantly asked as he met her at the door. "Why did you want to see me?" She neevously asked. "Nothing serious actually. I actually called you here to confess." Meliodas admitted. "Y-You w-what?" Meliodas grinned as he gently spoke the next three words.

"I love you."