Chapter 18: True Instincts

"What should we do with him demon king?" Deriere asked scratching her head. "Simple. We wait for him to wake and ask what he remembers. Good job ridding us of the traitor by the way." He complimented.

"It was our honor." Melascula said bowing. "By the way, can you fix Galand? He got cocky and told a lie." Monspeet pleaded. "Consider us even since you brought my son home." The demon king responded. "You are free to do as you wish. I will call if I need your assistance."

They all nodded and left. "Should we tease the goddess and her friends?" Galand asked with a devious smirk. "How so?" Deriere questioned. "We should return with no prince. Think about how anxious she'll be." Galand said through muffled laughs. "You know we don't have to go back to 'school' right? We were only there to watch over the prince." Monspeet spoke up. "Of course not. But this sounds fun." Melascula chimed in. "I don't see why not. We can find replacement commandments later." Deriere spoke as they left for school.

"Isn't this great Ban?! It's been two weeks with no demons! School has been going fine and the princess will soon forget the demon prince!" King excitedly spoke. "Whaddaya mean she'll forget him?" Ban hissed with a glare. "I'm gonna use magic and make her forget about him." King replied.. "And why do that?" Ban shot back. "Think of how miserable this situation makes her. He just disappears and comes back over and over. And each time, he does something stupid and we find out he doesn't remember her. Think about it!" King shouted, getting the attention of everyone in the hall.

"You have a point. But what if she doesn't want to forget?" Ban asked. Before King could answer, the rest of the sins walked up. "What's got you so worked up King?" Diane asked kindly. King sent a nervous look at Ban who only nodded his head. "Well...I'm gonna erase Elizabeth's memory of that demon." He shyly answered.

"Demon? What demon? You mean Meliodas?" She asked while tilting her head. "Yeah. That guy." King mumbled. "Did you ask Elizabeth? She could want to remember him for whatever reason." Diane spoke with a slight glare in her eyes. "This is for her good." Merlin added.

"Merlin? I forgot we added you and Escanor to the sins." Ban joked. Merlin ignored his comment and continued. "Meliodas has only brought her heartache. It would be better for her if she didn't know him. He's been missing for two weeks anyway. He might never come back so it doesn't matter."

"Even if he did return, he'd be no match for me." Escanor pridefully said. "Not now." The sins said in unison. "Didn't he hand your ass to you? More than once?" Ban asked.

"I was holding back. And we only fought once." Escanor responded. "Whatever." Ban said. Just then, Elizabeth walked up. "I think I know where Meliodas is!" She excitedly claimed.

"Oh...really? Where?" King asked with a guilty look. As she turned to open the papers she was holding, King launched a flower gently into the back of her neck. She began to fall but Ban quickly caught her. "Sorry princess." Ban said in a sad voice. As Ban took her to the infirmary, the others put the papers in Diane's bag so they could review them later.

"Why are we keeping these?" King asked. "Simple. We're gonna use these to find Meliodas. Ban told me the details of the fight and apparently, the commandments took Meliodas' unconcious body somewhere." Diane said.

"And that means...?" King trailed off. "It means that Meliodas could be getting turned against us right now. And as I'm sure you know, none of us can handle him in a fight." Merlin hissed. "Whether you like it or not, we're saving Meliodas." She continued.

"You do what you want. But count me out. I'd never help a demon." King growled. "Didn't know he was racist." Escanor joked. Merlin and Diane giggled as they finished collecting the papers. "Meetup at my house. 6 pm." Diane voiced as she went to class. Merlin waved her off and turned to Escanor. "We're so close to saving him. Hopefully he's on our side." She said.

"I must admit. Things would be boring without him. I'm going to help not just for you, but for the others as well." Escanor said with a smile. Before they could say anything else, they felt six strong presences approaching fast.

"You don't think-" Before Merlin could finish, the commandments stood before them. "Hello. Humans." Galand spoke. "What are you doing back here? And where's Meliodas?" Merlin hissed at him. "Don't worry about it. We're here to learn. Just like you." Melascula joked with a grin.

"Yeah right. Me and you both know that the six of you are much older than the students here. So I ask again. Why are you here?" Merlin asked once more. Galand stepped forward. "I'm here. Had Melascula lied, my commandment would have turned her into stone." He cackled.

"Let me change the question. What are you here to learn?" Escanor stated with a fake smile.

Meanwhile

"Where am I?" Meliodas asked as he got up.