Chapter 3

That is the heroine, right? Oh my god, she's so hot. Wait, what?

No no no, she's the enemy, begone evil thoughts. Cleanse thy mind.

This world may be the setting of a novel created by some idiot, but I can't just go around changing the plot. Ignore the fact that I'm not pining after my idiot fiance, the I'm secretly gay, and that I'm secretly allied with the second prince.

Wait, the second prince never even existed in the original novel. Nevermind, don't think too hard about it.

Of course, I want to change the plot by how I want it, but I wouldn't know how to go about it. This is mainly because I've never actually read the novel, if I change something carelessly, the consequences could be dire. I'm not about to shoulder that kind of responsibility. Psh no, I'm not scared. Not at all.

But I just can't get my first encounter with the heroine out of my head. She looks so beautiful floating down from the sky covered in a layer of divine light. Jet black hair and eyes the color of the night sky. She would've looked like a fairy if she wasn't wearing a school uniform.

In this world, that kind of clothing would be considered strange and outlandish, but for me, it was a relief. I was relieved to see something, anything familiar in this world, how can I not recognize Japanese uniforms, that stuff is so iconic, people who've never been to Japan knows about it.

So the heroine is in high school, about the same age as the Blanca of this world.

As soon as she landed, her bare feet gently kissed the lake creating ripples as she made her way to shore.

She looked so heavenly that I wasn't embarrassed in the slightest to say that I was completely mesmerized by her. I am glad to know that I wasn't gaping, or drooling at the sight of her coming closer and closer, like a certain idiot I can think of.

You can probably imagine how surprised I was when she suddenly collapsed, my body moved before my mind could process any of what just happened. She fell right into my arms, seriously how can you make fainting look so graceful. With her in my arms, I can feel the softness of her body pressing against me. It's nice to be able to openly embrace a young maiden like this. No one will blame me for saving a person when they're fainting.

Despite the showy divine aura that surrounded her earlier she felt unnaturally cold. I need to get her somewhere warm, it was the only thing on my mind as I lifted her effortlessly and carried her to a safe place.

I will thank Scylla later for my incredible arm strength, those hour-long daily training did not go to waste. On second thought I won't. My arm strength is clearly all due to my innate talent and prowess.

Later that night the head of the Lefèvre family called the other leaders of the many branch families for an emergency meeting.

"Miss Blanca is no longer the prophecy child like we thought. This changes our family standing in the empire." The 3rd vassal said grimly.

"That's right, the other ducal houses have ties with the Imperial family through blood, the only reason we still maintain our status is because we control the majority of this empire's military power." The 6th also spoke up. "With the way things are going now, the engagement between Miss Blanca and the Crown Prince will be annulled, if that happens our position as a ducal house will become unstable."

The 7th, 8th, and 9th vassals also nodded their heads in agreement. What the 6th Vassal said made sense.

"Fools, Lady Blanca possesses the shadow trait of our blood. If it wasn't for the church declaring her as the prophecy child back then, we would not have agreed for her to leave the family." The grand vassal chided at the lower vassals. "Now that the real prophecy child has appeared why must we give our most treasured jewel to the Imperial family."

I refused the crown prince's proposal because I'm gay!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें